Official Featured Sort Game Nomination Survey

A response to some of the chat above:

Staff in charge of the featured sort have confirmed that it is, in fact, only open to the top 250 games by play time.
This is apparently a temporary ‘testing’ measure that was decided by someone higher up than the managers of the program and thus, they have little input on it.

I’ve said it before, “featured” to me implies games that positively represent the platform (rating, playtime, visits) and not necessarily obligated to be new games.
I think a new sort called “New and Upcoming” would be a good thing for new games to be featured.

11 Likes

Something being featured just means that it has special characteristics, it shouldn’t be just the top 250 games by play time since there’s many games out there that are a lot better then some of the top games by play time.

1 Like

See:

This is apparently a temporary ‘testing’ measure that was decided by someone higher up than the managers of the program and thus, they have little input on it.

^^^

5 Likes

I feel that if this is true it’ll significantly decreases the diversity of the featured page. The page itself is meant to highlight games that are of good creation and showcase values that Roblox approves of, it’s also a way to highlight games that otherwise wouldn’t be seen on the front page. Keeping it to the top 250 creates player mentalities surrounding the genres of those top 250 games; simulators, jailbreak style games and more. This significantly impacts developers who are making awesome outside of the box games that can’t be featured purely due to their player number. And then if they do end up on the front page they won’t be played due to the play style and genre this front page endorses. I don’t this is a good system and I feel it makes the page counterproductive considering the reason for it’s creation, and limits developers in their creativity and ideas.

6 Likes

We have a new wave of Featured Games live!

New MOBILE GAMES:

New TABLET GAMES:

New PC GAMES:

5 Likes

This is no April fools joke. We have new Featured games!

New MOBILE GAMES:

New TABLET GAMES:

New PC GAMES:

New XBOX GAMES:

ID Game Link Developer(s) Username
1 Reason 2 Die PlaceRebuilder
10 Likes

Yes sure. Also not “New Pc Games” but “LATEST PC GAMES”…

3 Likes

Not entirely sure why the most played game in Roblox is being featured… :thinking:

3 Likes

Featured sort is now only taken from the top 250 games by playtime

1 Like

Yea I know that, just not sure why. From what I can recall, the featured sort was to show off new developers and get them some exposure. Makes no sense to gives games with already mass exposure that are making millions of dollars a month extra pushes. It’s just making it even harder for newer developers to gain any traction whatsoever.

If this is how they want Featured to be, then there should be a new category (imo) that showcases newer games, games in the pre release stages, etc. Like the old featured sort. Games that don’t have an audience but deserve to. I know when I started developing it was impossible to gain any sort of player base without spending money on advertising. And since I never had traction before, I had no money to spend, so it was basically a lose a lose situation. Needed robux to advertise, to get robux you needed to already have a popular game :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

I agree with you on this, if they want to control what is on the front page, which I can see the point because it allows to show games that are universal and it gives an overall better image to Roblox. Well, there should at least be a new category for smaller games.

I’m pretty sure they are working on that as they are currently experimenting new things. I just noticed the featured sort was now first on the front page, followed by the Popular Near You. It seems like a change intended for the international growth of the platform.

5 Likes

Yea. To add to my point further. Having games in the top 250 featured just means there’s another useless category filled with the same stuff. Popular, Top Rated, Top Earning, Featured, every single category has the EXACT!! same games on them. Bar 1-2 abnormalities. I understand growth internationally is important, but this is definitely not the way to go about it. To me, popular should remain at the top. And how popular is sorted should be changed. It shouldn’t be popular within my country, or within my age group. Popular should be popular. Irrelevant of age, country, platform, whatever. I don’t care if that means the popular page is filled with games catered for 7 year olds. The point is that popular should show the out right top games being played. Make a new sort ('Popular in your age group, or whatever garbage you wanna call it)

13 Likes

They seemed to have lost sight of what the Featured sort was supposed to accomplish, imo. I think if a game has a consistent player base of like maybe 10k+ they should be excluded from Feature sort. Those games already have the exposure in many, if not all, of the other sorts.

If they don’t want to “exclude” anyone from featured, then perhaps even a new sort called Spotlight or something, have it take place of one of the other sorts. They really need a sort that helps the up and coming, the ones buried in the other sorts and possibly even the Incubator projects.

6 Likes

New wave of Featured Games!

New MOBILE GAMES:

New TABLET GAMES:

New PC GAMES:

8 Likes

So you’re telling me, a game that can not possibly even be in the top 250 games at 60,000 plays can be put into featured but I can’t even get an email response to my submissions?

8 Likes

Come on, read some critical comments here, please. This is not right…

4 Likes

This company is very silent about all of these featured, popular games and stuff …
It is like they are, hiding or…preparing for something? :thinking:

"This is not April fools. More new featured games!*…
And in that list there was even a game from 2008s “Get crushed by a speeding wall” plus all of the games from list were already popular games, obviously it was an april fools messing with us.

I mean…why? Why do they continue on it?
It was totally fine before!

It makes me give up on my dreams…it makes me think that working o a game from now on for Roblox, requires money, partnership and popularity…this was not how Roblox worked…things are changing…

I dont wanna leave you Roblox…not now that i have almost reached my dreams, thank to you… :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

They’ve had this change since before April Fools, well before April Fools. Would have been February when it was first put in place that you need to be in the top 250

2 Likes

We really need a new category for new developers to shine!

5 Likes