Official Featured Sort Game Nomination Survey

They may mean that your game has to be above a certain like to dislike ratio. It’s really hard to tell because I can’t find any source for this that’s out in the public but the whole point of the Featured Games program was/is to help new developers/new games, right?

3 Likes

That was my interpritation. They told me though that it had to be Top 250 rated.

I can’t share screenshots but that’s what was said. Makes no sense to me. Games that are on the featured page right now already had thousands of players playing them before, so it’s just a waste to feature them.

2 Likes

There’s nothing saying it has to be in the 250 top rated games in the guidelines/requirements. So I believe this might be a misunderstanding.

@NinjoOnline your game might’ve been removed due bad rating after being featured (just a guess).

1 Like

If that’s the case then they could have said it was due to the bad rating. There words were

At the moment, we are focusing on featuring games part of the Top 250 rankings based on popular gameplays. Once your game reaches the ranking requirement please let us know and we will be able to feature it.

So to me, that means top 250 rated games. Has nothing to do with the games rating, it could have a 60-65% rating and still not be top 250. If it was due to poor ratings then it should be specified, as well as mentioned that your game can get taken down due to poor ratings. But to completely change how featuring works half way through, and remove my game (as I’m sure others) makes no sense. If things need to be changed, they should wait till the game has been up for it’s 4 weeks.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they meant that it has to be in the top 250 most played games.

But how would you even check that, the game stats page isn’t a good source either because it doesn’t account for the current month in the excel file.

Exactly.

Most games that are in top 250 rated / played most likely don’t need to be featured.

This is a terrible move by Roblox.

2 Likes

It saddens me to hear this because I was just thinking of submitting my game for nomination but with this new rule I guess I shouldn’t

2 Likes

Same, I was aiming to get my game hopefully featured before I try and sponsor it but I guess I’ll just have to sponsor it now!

1 Like

Well that’s even worse then. Why feature a game that already has players playing it? Majority of players believed the featured page was to show off new creations by new developers. No point show casing older games made by already well established developers.

3 Likes

If your games are good enough they’ll reach front page without any issues. Work on your average playtime and optimization.

That’s pretty naive to say, some people rely on getting featured.

3 Likes

A response to some of the chat above:

Staff in charge of the featured sort have confirmed that it is, in fact, only open to the top 250 games by play time.
This is apparently a temporary ‘testing’ measure that was decided by someone higher up than the managers of the program and thus, they have little input on it.

I’ve said it before, “featured” to me implies games that positively represent the platform (rating, playtime, visits) and not necessarily obligated to be new games.
I think a new sort called “New and Upcoming” would be a good thing for new games to be featured.

11 Likes

Something being featured just means that it has special characteristics, it shouldn’t be just the top 250 games by play time since there’s many games out there that are a lot better then some of the top games by play time.

1 Like

See:

This is apparently a temporary ‘testing’ measure that was decided by someone higher up than the managers of the program and thus, they have little input on it.

^^^

5 Likes

I feel that if this is true it’ll significantly decreases the diversity of the featured page. The page itself is meant to highlight games that are of good creation and showcase values that Roblox approves of, it’s also a way to highlight games that otherwise wouldn’t be seen on the front page. Keeping it to the top 250 creates player mentalities surrounding the genres of those top 250 games; simulators, jailbreak style games and more. This significantly impacts developers who are making awesome outside of the box games that can’t be featured purely due to their player number. And then if they do end up on the front page they won’t be played due to the play style and genre this front page endorses. I don’t this is a good system and I feel it makes the page counterproductive considering the reason for it’s creation, and limits developers in their creativity and ideas.

6 Likes

We have a new wave of Featured Games live!

New MOBILE GAMES:

New TABLET GAMES:

New PC GAMES:

5 Likes

This is no April fools joke. We have new Featured games!

New MOBILE GAMES:

New TABLET GAMES:

New PC GAMES:

New XBOX GAMES:

ID Game Link Developer(s) Username
1 Reason 2 Die PlaceRebuilder
10 Likes

Yes sure. Also not “New Pc Games” but “LATEST PC GAMES”…

3 Likes