(Old) How Can You make a realistic 2006 game?

Archived Post. I have quit the development and the game is down to unknown reasons. Well you can play it but no menu will be added and I have learnt a lot about scripting so in the future I won’t really make loads of post

Play the game (no menu and never updated in a while until I don’t know when): Brick Battle: Crossroads - Roblox

Hello There.
I’m currently trying to make a ROBLOX 2006 game but I need it more accurate could someone help make it more accurate?

What Do I Need to Add?

1.Old 2006 Explosion
2. Old Menu (For a selection of Games to choose if someone could help me)
3.Old Bounce (When Jumping)
4. Forced Jump (You can’t Jump immediately) (Done and added to game)
5.Cap the FPS to 30 in my game. (Done and added to game)
6.How To Remove Modern Shadows (Done and added to game)

P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶.̶

Join my Group for Update Notifications: Valxie Studios - Roblox

I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶r̶o̶b̶l̶o̶x̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶:̶ ̶h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶w̶w̶w̶.̶r̶o̶b̶l̶o̶x̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶/̶6̶3̶9̶7̶8̶0̶6̶9̶4̶8̶/̶R̶o̶b̶l̶o̶x̶-̶N̶o̶s̶t̶a̶l̶g̶i̶a̶-̶A̶L̶P̶H̶A̶

Thanks.

10 Likes

I suggest changing the Lightning Engine to Voxel.
and turn off Shadows on a Part (Optional) in its Properterties
and maybe Global Shadows off in Lighting!
that will disable most of Modern ROBLOX Graphics. including Shadows.

For the Jump just make a Script that detects if a Player Jump then plays
the Bounce Sound.

Thats basically all I have to say.
Optional
Use Studs on Parts to make it more accurate.

1 Like

Yeah this can really help me too I have been wanting stuff like this also I need old r6 animations.

1 Like

I’m not sure how you could get some of the old features, but your game looks good!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m trying to work hard to make it realistic.

@AutoGamerChadYT it is hard for me to get studs on

The user “brutal” has been working on a 2007 rendition of the game for a while now, perhaps if you get in contact with him he may have some tips for you.

1 Like

heres a suggestion: don’t use free models

theres alot of 2006 roblox games including fwm (flexiblebanjo’s wayback machine).

my friend is making a 2006 client for my roblox game, so it should be accurate

the old 2006 explosion is easy to make, old bouncing isnt too possible

thats all i know for now, i need to do more research when my friend is finished with making a 2006 client for my game

1 Like

Clonetrooper1019 and some others on this post have found a 2007 build of Roblox. This is as close as you can get to 2006 for replicating scripts and builds.

Hey I forgot I once used this free model, i searched Old Roblox Kit in toolbox, and theres a kit that includes models, scripts, etc and even UI from Old ROBLOX its not hard to find either if you put it in place you get a instant old roblox graphics game, old UI, and more

lemme get it rq, rn im uninstalling roblox studio and installing it back my camera is broken on it for some reason

here

good thing i had it favorited
and it is still similar to 2006 it still has alot of 2006 features just a little extra added

Do you even know how to script?
If not, you probably shouldn’t be trying to make a game like that.

Cool game, chat is really bugged tho.

1 Like

I’m getting confused, and this post is slowly drifting, so I’m gonna say this:

1. The developer forums are for help. You need to atleast provide a script by YOU, we are not providing free stuff, just help.
  2. If you want a real game, try not to use free models.
  3. This is also in the wrong category. It should be in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations or #help-and-feedback. Development discussion is for Roblox development problems or just chatting with others. NOT your creations.

I’m just asking for some help. I need help in my game so I’m getting tips
DevForum is for

1. Support for your game
  2. People asking just for feedback
    And also it is in the support and feedback section when it was posted.
    And dev discussion is not for creations.
    Just if you want to reply it should be related for support.
1 Like

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I don’t wanna sound mad sorry lol
Anyways, please just keep in mind what I said, it may or may not help you.

I like what you have so far. I’ll make a few suggestions:

• Remove ForceFields and bevels (on the character), those weren’t added until late 2007.
  • Humanoid.AutoRotate should be turned off when the character is jumping. They also shouldn’t have any control on their direction or velocity during that time.
  • Use SmoothPlastic over Plastic for the shiny look, combined with Textures for Surfaces.
  • Make CanCollide true for the character’s arms on every frame, similar to how it was until around mid-2007.

Some of the GUIs are also broken, but I’m sure you’ll get around to fixing those.

2 Likes

Oh, and this thread should be moved to #help-and-feedback:game-design-support since there are several things to address outside of scripting.

A lot of the GUI elements and pretty much everything in the game is free modeled. Reason I know this is because I made my own nostalgia simulator which I made back in 2019 when I called myself a developer. I took the initiative to learn how to code to some extent, and I’ve been working on removing every free model aspect from that game, and it has been going good so far, and the game is slowly being more original (except the map from 2007 Happy Home)

Please take the time to learn the skills needed to fulfill a game like this. Then in the future you can make tons of other good games without having to rely on the toolbox for everything (which isn’t good practice). Usually what I do with free models is use them as temporary placeholders for planning what I want a build to look like, and then I go and build what I had actually wanted myself.

Seeing as the fact you don’t know how to script this stuff above your level (and some not being that difficult at all surprisingly) you should learn some scripting then post a script in the future to get some help on it, and to finish this game you want to achieve.

Adding onto @Mystyle48 It does seem like this belongs in the #help-and-feedback:game-design-support area of the forums

1 Like