One-click Collaborate in Studio [Beta]

That’s very pleasant! Always was a bit too complicated having to go to the permissions tab every time from game settings.

However, could you please make the collaborative-editing feature off by default?
It’s very irritating having to commit scripts when I am by myself, and to disable the settings every time, having to restart Studio.

Overall that is a very nice beta feature that I hope will roll out soon!

Huge thanks for the engineers that made it possible :clap::clap:

2 Likes

Can we get it so non-owners can edit collaborators in group experiences? I don’t actually know, but the owner of a group i’m in told me it’s not possible. The devs can’t hold a testing session for any games unless the owner is there to change the permissions for the testers- and, he’s not always there to end it either.

Very cool! I don’t personally use team create that much as I’m mostly solo, but very useful for when I’m doing group project’s.

Bad point: Co-creator can ban creator by adding Ultimate trolling GuI from MarketPlace

1 Like

Yes, I would like to expand upon this issue. Roblox needs to create some kind of system which logs in hidden metadata where certain objects and attributes originated from in order to prevent the false bans attributed to rogue developers inserting non-TOS abiding content into group and collaboration games. Although the identifier to show scripts in inserted models is good, there should be an option to automatically delete them to make the process easier for users who are new to studio and don’t know how to find and delete these scripts.

Same goes to chat exploit that was used in crosswoods.

Hi! I think that after the update the tabs became inactive, I am the owner of the group. Who knows why this happened?

Not Active

Hello,
I’d like to ask why when I have a user-owned experience,
I can set “Play” and “No Access” to groups but cannot set “Edit” to groups’ roles.

hi @Ninjonik this behavior hasn’t changed - you cannot give edit access to a group for user-owned games. Groups can only have Edit access to their own Group games. I’m curious though, what is your scenario here?

hi @Agent_4004 any group roles that have Owner or Edit access permissions inside the group looks grayed out because the level of access can’t be changed inside Studio. You can go to roblox.com > Groups to configure group permissions if you want to change the access level. Before, it used to show the wrong info in the Studio UI (something like “No access”) and we’ve fixed that to show the actual access level.

I have two games in one group, and also in my group there are four developers, I want two developers to have access to one game, and two other developers to another game, also each two developers have their own role. But I can’t do this because all developers have access to all games in the group, regardless of roles

Seconding this. Please add a permission setting for roles that allows people other than the group owner to change these access settings. We have multiple developers and it just doesn’t make sense for the group owner to be the only one able to change these settings.

Why are we not able to add users as collaborators for group places?
What about groups with multiple games & developers?

Screenshot 2022-10-09 033133

Ex. We have 4 scripters and 4 games. Each scripter works on their own game. That is the only game they need to access. Currently, to make this work, I would need to make 4 ranks within my group. Seems entirely nonsensical.

We need the ability to grant edit access to a specific user for specific games.

Yup, I agree, it’s kind of Ridiculous as to how group owners are the only ones who can edit these settings.

I’ve had multiple 10+ year veterans ask me how to invite people to team create over the past month.

I also had to ask how to add people to team create, after having been on Roblox since 2009 and using the feature for over half a decade.

Nobody can find this button or functionality. It’s missing from the “Team Create” view, which also has its “Help” button send you to a 404 page.

This is not helping - it’s hurting!

1 Like

Bumping this topic again because the collaboration window is still unusable by anybody that is not the group owner. Regardless of Edit permissions. Why is this still so limited?

Hello, Why is the Manage Collaborators window not showing anything?

It is really annoying for me
How can i fix it?

I’m not a owner of that game, but it is happening to our owner. So it is not able to add collaborators currently any helps?

hi @jiwonz thanks for reporting this. Are you still seeing the issue? If you are, are you seeing any messages on the Output window? And if you can let me know what Studio version you’re on that would be helpful too.

1 Like

image-56

Here are studio version and error in output
Also this account that problem happens is not my account(jiwonz)

i have the same issue aprox. 2 months after. Is there a date to fix this? how can we manage collaborators meanwhile?