Only people who've brought a gamepass should be able to comment on it

As a Roblox developer, getting feedback on gamepass via the comments is quite useful when there are no bots cluttering it. However if I want to go and get feedback on most of my gamepasses using this method, I’m greeted with this:

I think only people who’ve brought it should be able to post on a gamepass.

I guess the only negative I can think of would be people can’t tell you if they think too expensive to buy it, but devs should really be doing market testing and manipulating the price to find optimal price.

I think this would fix the problem in quite an easy way, idk what else to say lol.

65 Likes

Why is this not already a thing

12 Likes

Agreed, this would be a great fix to a problem that honestly shouldn’t even happen in the first place.

3 Likes

This is just part of a bigger problem: the comment sections aren’t supported anymore. Spam and scam runs rampant, their availability is inconsistent, some sections have been removed despite the options still being available, etc. I don’t expect any suggestions regarding comments to be taken seriously.

1 Like

Most of them could be solved using similar methods. No one really thinks a working comment section is worthless do they?

2 Likes

wow… this is a pretty incredible but super simple idea, now I feel bad for not having thought of it. Hopefully someone will notice this, it would fix all of the spam and people complaining about the gamepass before having bought it.

Absolutely support.

4 Likes

Heh
:thinking:
Bring back game comments and require 1 Robux to post a comment

1 Like

No BC? No comment!

2 Likes

Wdym?

Somewhat the result of charging a price for commenting, given non-BC users can’t really gain a currency easily anymore. Seems a tad unfair to NBC users.

Well the NBC users wouldn’t be able to buy the gamepass in the first place.

True, it’s more so in reply to Veldaren’s remark of ‘1 robux per comment’ while bringing back comments for games.

Misunderstood the context. Yeah I agree thats probably a valid criticism of his solution.

This is a great idea.

1 Like

A good idea but there are some flaws, one you even mentioned. Another one I can think of is people who are interested buying the gamepass may want to comment on it (asking questions, for example).

I just wish there was more of a way to flag spam comments on your own assets & such and have the comment removed completely (as opposed to just “content deleted”). It’d help me a lot considering its 96% of the comments on my clothing.

Removing comments on gamepasses could lead to people abusing it by removing comments like “it doesn’t work”. Imo a better idea would be to require the user to own that asset and complete a NoCaptcha reCaptcha in order to comment.

3 Likes

“A good idea but there are some flaws, one you even mentioned.”

The one I mentioned was a problem which shouldn’t be there lol

As far as asking questions go, the dev should have the info of what it does clearly displayed, and the people that have left comments will have is it a scam or w/e, anything urgent, already answered.

This should definitely be a thing. I support it!

1 Like

Ditto with badges. Only someone who has earned a badge should be able to comment on it

2 Likes

If anyone wants to take a look at one possible way of doing this, I wrote some tweets when I was in school studying economics. In fact I brought these up earlier today to remember a specific step in that process as I just uploaded a new gamepass the other day.

In other words, I support, spam on gamepasses is ridiculous

1 Like