Have you or someone you know worked on a large-scale FPS game before?
We need the expertise, and we’d be happy to compensate generously for it!
Hi, we’re Little Big Box! We’re working on an upcoming cyberpunk-themed FPS. We have the means and the passion for the modeling need and the overall scripting need. However, we don’t have a lot of experience in general FPS gameplay.
We’re looking for scripter who can help us building a solid framework for the shooter-aspect (raycasting, collisions, etc.) for the ultimate purpose of
- ensuring scalability,
- minimizing lag,
- and creating a fun, rewarding experience for our players.
- Modeler (Portfolio)
- 4+ years of experience in Blender
- Winner of the first-ever #RDC Builder Challenge!
- Scripter (Portfolio)
- Developing on Roblox since 2012
- Software engineering intern in frontend development
About The Job
- You must have experience in scripting an FPS (First Person Shooter) game of moderate to large scale.
- You must be willing to work collaboratively and set aside times to meet with the team.
- You must work on scripting for our game a minimum of 15 hours weekly - your weekly pay rate will depend on this.
- You must be familiar with the tools we use (listed below) or be willing to learn.
- You must be capable of using best coding practices in building our system.
Feel free to reach out if you need any clarification on our requirements!
As we need help mostly in creating the framework specifically for the FPS aspect, we expect that this role does not need to be a long-term commitment. We can pay you on a weekly basis for a few weeks or 1-3 months at most.  However, if you are passionate about our project and we get along well as a team, we are open to discussing a long-term position.
You will be working alongside me, @kvKAVI, as we build the framework together through your expertise in FPS. We will likely start first with deciding on the best method for accurate and efficient projectiles. Creating a base script for all the guns and orienting the user’s perspective would follow, and so on.
Desired Tool Familiarity
- Notion (for documentation and organizing general ideas)
- GitHub (for source control)
If you’re unfamiliar with either of the tools, it’s not a problem as long as you’re willing to learn!
We are able to pay you through USD and/or Robux weekly as long as you’re actively working with us. As for the specific amount, it would depend on your experience and the amount of time you’re able to offer. Our current budget is $50 USD upwards on a weekly basis, and we’re open to negotiation!
In the chance that the following is true:
 However, if you are passionate about our project and we get along well as a team, we are open to discussing a long-term position.
We are open to discussing % in game profits with you!
Please contact me through discord with any questions you may have!