Open Cloud Memory Stores API [Beta]

Hi Creators,

We’re excited to launch the Open Cloud Memory Stores API in beta! This API lets you easily use existing Memory Stores endpoints outside of the Roblox environment.

With this update, you can now access the existing Queue and SortedMap endpoints with third party applications. We’re also introducing two new endpoints called Flush and GetFlush which can help manage your data structures.

This allows for more flexibility in your Memory Stores usage and unlocks the potential to do the following:

1. Flush stale Memory Stores data during updates

2. Create an interface to view your Queue or Sorted Maps data

3. Query player Memory Stores data when troubleshooting issues

…And so much more!

To use these new endpoints, you must create an API key on Creator Hub under the Open Cloud → API Keys tab with the following scopes:

• memoryStores:queue:createQueueItem
  • memoryStores:queue:readQueueItem
  • memoryStores:queue:discardQueueItem
  • memoryStores:sortedMap:read
  • memoryStores:sortedMap:write
  • memoryStores:control:flushAllDataStructures
  • memoryStores:control:readFlushStatus

What’s Next?

We plan to release Memory Stores for OAuth2 and Hash Map on Open Cloud in the coming months. We will also incorporate your feedback for the general release, so please share any thoughts below!

Check out the API Reference documentation to get started. We’re excited to see what you will build!

Thanks,
The Roblox Creator Services Team

99 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Pretty good stuff :happy4: I wonder what stuff developers can make with this feature :bulb:

5 Likes

time to recode half my data systems to work with this

6 Likes

Still waiting for the developer products API :sob:

9 Likes

:star: Wow, this is a game-changer!

Great to see the development toolkit being enhanced even more.

It’s also really nice to see the improvements for flexibility outside the Roblox environment

The potential for these new features is immense, and I can already think of numerous applications for better game management and player experience enhancements.

Looking forward to the upcoming OAuth2 and Hash Map support, which will further expand our capabilities.

Can’t wait to see what everyone builds with these new tools. :tada:

13 Likes

why all bold text?
I agree tho, opencloud is nice

7 Likes

If anyone is interested my OpenCloud typescript wrapper supports all of the new Memory Stores API endpoints.

docs: https://open.blox.wiki/cloud/memoryStores/sortedMapItem

A Few Examples

getting a sorted map item:

type Item = { isReal: boolean }; // The type for the sorted map item data.
const { data } = await MemoryStoresApi.sortedMapItem<Item>({
  universeId: 5243626809,
  sortedMap: "MySortedMap",
  itemId: "Testing123",
}); 

creating a sorted map item:

type Item = { isReal: boolean }; // The type for the sorted map item data.
const { data } = await MemoryStoresApi.createSortedMapItem<Item>({
  universeId: 5243626809,
  sortedMap: "MySortedMap",
  item: { id: "Testing123", value: { isReal: true }, ttl: "300s", numericSortKey: 1 },
}); 
8 Likes

Using this in it’s BETA state before it was publicly released has been awesome :slightly_smiling_face: excited to see what people do with this.

6 Likes

This could be so cool! The recent updates have been game changing!

3 Likes

Man what is this usefull for, i have no idea what this is.

1 Like

The main use case is allowing Creators to access their Memory Stores data outside of a game server. For example, if you had a leaderboard in Memory Stores and wanted to publish the list to a website. Another use case would be if you need to do Customer Support and edit/add/delete data in Memory Stores outside your experience.

4 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, this makes sense.

1 Like

Having the bold text makes it more eye-catching :sweat_smile: