[OPEN] Collaborating with a Game Designer / Game Manager

About Me

Hi! I am Workkspace. I have been on this platform for about 5 years now and have been developing for 3. Throughout the years, I have learned so much from the community and the platform itself. It is amazing to see it grow. I have found myself most engaged in building, scripting, and game design. I have worked on many projects. Some are still in the works!

Here is my portfolio.

The Job

The Game Designer / Game Manager is practically the least known position. Though, it is one of the most important. If a game isn’t put together correctly, it could be a massive fail and a waste of time. Game Designers make sure the project is on the right track and going in the right direction at all times. They also spot out issues along the way to reflect from.

Currently, I need a Game Designer for a game idea I had that came across my mind a few weeks ago. I need help with project management and unique ideas that will stand out. Below, you can find my game design concept.

Concept

7 Nights Concept

The game I’m currently trying to make is called 7 Nights. This will be purely a survival/escape game. There will be a huge map will tons of different locations. (Each map will mainly have a naturistic theme such as a forest, an island, etc.) The goal of the game is to escape. To escape, you will have to explore the map to find the items to escape.

There will be tons of unique features built into the game. It isn’t such like a ‘piggy’ game where you find items and escape. There will be multiple ways to escape, multiple items that help you escape, and other things along with that. But, that isn’t it. There will be a wide range of monsters roaming the map. Each monster will have different abilities. If you get attacked, you will spawn back into the lobby and will have to do it all again.

The ‘7-Nights’ part comes into play later in the game. You will have 7 days to escape. On the 7th night, anyone who hasn’t escaped will die. (Each map will have a different consequence.) Each day, the monsters will get more aggressive.

Seems like a pretty simple game idea; however, I got the game idea from Isle. I REALLY recommend you play it if you are interested. I want to have the same feel of this game. The major aspect I want to play in this game is the fear of the unknown. When I’m playing Isle with friends, they tell me about things they saw in the game before. Such as monsters, new items, and stuff like that. It makes you feel like there is so much depth to the game with way more mechanisms. I want to play a major aspect of the game.

Stage 1 of development
For the first few weeks of development, I and the chosen game designer will plan out the game entirely. This stage of development will be the easiest, technically. It is the most fun step in my opinion, too. We will brainstorm all of our ideas and merge them into the game. This stage will also come with hiring developers. After we are finished with the initial game design, we will hire our developers.

Stage 2 of development
This is when the development starts. Your main job during the next few months of development will be to monitor the developers on their progress to make sure they are creating what we initially designed for the game. This will be the easiest for you, but the hardest for others.

Stage 3 of development
This is the game release stage. One of the most important stages. If this isn’t pulled off correctly, the game can massively flop. You will be given a game launch budget and you will have to divide it into different advertisements. (I am in touch with this sponsorship program named RoGrow which can expose your game to popular creators, so that will be another boost.)

Stage 4 of development
After release, we will update the game at least once a month with a new feature. This means every once and a while we will have to brainstorm for the upcoming update and present it to our developers. You must also maintain the player count by advertising, too.

Requirements

• 13+ of age
  • Must have a Roblox & Discord account
  • Must read the articles listed below
    Article 1
    Article 2
    Article 3
  • Must have experience with Game Design
  • Must present work of Game Design/experience of Game Design
  • Must have a professional attitude
  • Interested in Project

Payment

As you see, the post is named 'Collaborating with a Game Designer" and not “Hiring Game Designer”. I find both of these very different. I find collaborating more of a working together thing. On the other hand, I find hiring more of a pay to work. Kind of a commission in a way.

Why is this important?

The main payment method will be %. There are multiple cons and pros to this. However, I think it’s the best decision. I have not decided how much % I would like to give the accepted Game Designer, but it is highly negotiable.

That’s not it, I will also give you a starting payment of 500 R$ after we agree on what the payment is. Agreeing to the payment means you agree that you will stay with us for at least 2 months. This prevents people from getting the job just to get the R$.

Contact

If you are interested and meet all of the requirements, feel free to contact me. I will be with you as soon as possible!

Workkspace#0001 - Discord

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 0 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.