[OPEN!] DreadNautical - Professional Builder

Artwork made by @codaart.
Portfolio last updated: 12/31/21
NOTE: Please see my personal site instead, as I’ve relocated to updating that more frequently since the devforum update: Home

I’ve been honing my building and design skills on ROBLOX since 2011 when I first joined. Since then, it’s become a huge passion of mine to build for myself and the community. I also have a huge interest in making games in general, and have taken up various leadership development positions during my time on this amazing platform. I believe the variety to this portfolio greatly showcases my ability to constantly improve in my work and build just about anything.

Noteworthy Experiences

I’m apart of various communities, studios, and groups on the platform, including several professional building communities such as Shiguto, Clan Community Studios, and others.

As far as past clients and positions go, I’ve worked for a variety of amazing clients, groups of all kinds, and developers, giving me a diverse experience in designing all sorts of things. I’ve worked for Reliable Games, Starboard Studios, Resurrection Studios, Dunn Games, The United States Navy Group, The Alphian Empire, The Raven Ascendancy, The Clockwork Corporation, Kovacs, ARE Games, etc.

Building Skillset

All of my work is done completely on ROBLOX studio, I do not use outside software like blender to build. If you see a mesh in my build, it was granted to me for use or is a free model. If you are looking for something to be done in a super low-poly blender like fashion, I might not be the best choice for you. I also do not use other roblox related tools like F3X.

Simply put, I use a ‘realistic’ roblox style that relies pretty much entirely only Studio’s functionality, using unions and plugins to make complex shapes, differences in material and texture, etc.

I tend to use some math plugins for creating more complicated objects that normally wouldn’t be possible in studio, so credits go to their respective for creators for those great tools.

I also have relevant experience with professional CAD software like Solidworks and Fusion360, although I do not use these for roblox work.

I’d like to offer my building services to the community, and am open to any other business offers you may have. However, as of now I am interested in working as a part of a larger team. I think over the past few years, I’ve been able to take my experience to the professional level, and would be greatly interested in cooperating with leading game designers as opposed to doing basic commissions. I’m sure you will find I can build (and probably have built) just about anything you could want.

Pro Border (NEW)

(Partially) made by myself, I did all of the terrain and exterior foliage, as well as the exterior of the structure and many of the props used throughout.

Portal Commission (NEW) (FOR SALE!)

A quick piece I made in less than an hour. Still feel it’s worth showing off.

Detailed Football Helmet (NEW) (FOR SALE!)

A really detailed, studio-made football helmet

Very Detailed Harvester

Based off a real life model, a very detailed vehicle I made for Dunn Games. This is one of my most impressive modeling feats, as it was made entirely in studio with just parts and unions.

(The real life version):

Sin Law State Commission (NEW)

Jungle Based Landscaping

Camp Story Lobby (NEW) (FOR SALE!)

Dragon Ball RP - Resurrection Commission

Chicago Theatre Build

Electric State: Project Pacifica map

This is my largest project known to date, possibly one of the largest on roblox building wise done by a single person, and honestly it’s my proudest creation on this platform, I’ve been working on it alone for the last four months. It is a massive, 16k by 16k stud map comprised of smooth terrain and builds scattered throughout. Most of these builds are based off of literal pictures, created by the talented artist Simon Stalenhag. In this work I was tasked with replicating entire map locations based off of 2D images, which is no easy task. I will present some of the original images here as well in case any viewers would like to compare them. Technically, it still isn’t done, and I have a little more to add to it. It also is not currently available for the public to play, but all of these shots have been publicized already:

This is a general overshot, and due to the sheer size of the map and camera distance required to get the photo, many of the details have been obscured:

Please check out the section below called ‘Artwork basis’ and see if you can compare any of the scenes.

Artwork basis

All of these images were made by Simon Stalenhag.

Vehicles and props for Dunn Games

I have actually done some additional work for Dunn Games than this, but for now this is all I can show without leaking anything.

Pirate Ship build done using only rectangular parts (very detailed)

Coast Guard Boats

Project Pacifica Vehicles

(Older than 2020)

Boardwalk (Ressurection Map)

Detailed Aircraft Carrier

Sci-fi Training Center

Sci-fi FPS Map

Chinese Luzhou Class Destroyer

Detailed Tour Bus (FOR SALE)

Monticello (Detailed)

WWII era Militarized German Border Map (FOR SALE)

Union-Based Melee Weapons

Modern Factory

Various Boats

(I’m very well known for making lots of boats.)

Modern Patrol Boat

Small sailboat

Detailed Pirate Ship

Various pirate ship models and variants as well as early wwii builds

Pirate Flag Ship

Coast Guard

Patrol Boat

Arleigh Burke Destroyer

USS Zumwalt

WWII Era Italian Destroyer

Weapons and Props

Hunger-Games style map

(I didn’t make the trees / foliage meshes)

sci-fi Architecture build

Triangle-terrain based islands

Swamp Map using smooth terrain

Unfinished Alien space ship

Naval Base Construction for USN

Log Cabin Showcase

Old Space Station Build

Sci-fi Venice Showcase

R-15 Based Armor

Sci-fi Props

Random Sci-fi Vehicles

Miscellaneous Builds

Interior of a 19th century Spanish Palace

Penthouse-based Clothing Store

Accurate Map of Ireland (Territory Conquest)

Smooth Terrain and nature showcase

Bomb-bay build

Interested in seeing some of my work in game? Links to some of my work will be uploaded here in the future.

(As of November 2020)

Development Manager & Builder of Project Pacifica

I am currently the Lead Development Manager as well as Lead Builder for Project Pacifica, an ambitious project which I have been working on with a skilled team for months. In this position, I plan all aspects of our development, hire and manage developers, and, as the titles imply, build.

Part time developer for Dunn Games

I also currently work as a part time Developer for Dunn Games, designing various props and models.

I am highly flexible with pricing for work. I am typically willing to negotiate on all deals.
I accept USD (through paypal) and robux as payment.

I usually determine my prices based on the following information:

• What exactly I am making you (A general estimation of the amount of assets used and skill required to make said thing)
  • When you need it by (A deadline that you propose.)
  • The amount of time it actually takes me to complete (How many literal hours I think I need to spend working on it.)

Please do not contact me if you are not willing to pay more than 20k robux or so for a job. Of course, it can be negotiated depending on what you are asking for, but generally I will not accept any tasks under this price.

NOTE: Before contacting me please have all the details of your offer ready, it is hard for me to have interest in a project if you can’t provide specific details about it. I would strongly encourage you to read the terms I provide on my website before contacting me:

I prefer all business inquiries to be directed to my discord: DreadNautical#7764

You can also message me here on the forums, but I most likely will not answer as quickly: Home

Thank you for your interest in my portfolio! I look forward to talking soon :slight_smile:

66 Likes

Hi all, as to satisfy a request I got on discord, I’ve just updated the portfolio with additional more recent builds. Hope you like them!

2 Likes

So, if I were to pay with, let’s say, a $10 Roblox Gift Card, how much can I get out of that? (sending some pictures as examples) wouldn’t hurt either)

1 Like

Hello, apologies for the late response. Assuming you mean a $10 USD gift card, that isn’t a lot of money, less than the hourly minimum wage where I come from. That said, you’d get anything I could do within an hour at most, which basically narrows it down to smaller props and such.

I’m not exactly sure what you are looking for with a statement like that, so if you’d like to get into a more specific discussion, please feel free to contact me privately!

Hey all, just wanted to update that my portfolio is currently closed, and I’ve also added what I’ve been up to for the last four months. Please check out the new section at the top for new content.

The most recent map is impressive! 16K by 16K is a lot to build.

1 Like

i love your job its epic I Want you to work on my team but the payment is somewhat delayed for now even so I await your answer Thank you for the time :3

Reviewing DreadNautical as very professional. I had a recent business transaction with him and he responded on time, gave me frequent updates, and worked together with me to get a product we both liked. I would recommend him to any developer that is looking for a mature, professional, and high-quality builder.

1 Like

I could say the same for you, coda is a very talented artist who provided the work displayed on this portfolio. He is considerate, highly professional and creative!

Just made a large content update to my portfolio and included some more recent work. I am still open to new work opportunities but at the moment am looking to stick with better paying positions.Thank you all for your continued support! :thumbsup:

Hey all, to update again, I’m currently looking for more work, preferably long term and with more seriously established clients. I also just updated my portfolio again with more recent things to showcase. Thank you all again for your support! If you are interested, please direct inquiries to my discord as shown in contacts.

Very interested: strangertingz#1777

Hey all (I am assuming this is an okay time to bump this post), after several months of being busy, I am now open to more work offers. At the moment, I am preferably seeking higher-paying, long term positions. Feel free to contact me on discord if you are interested in my services.

I will also be updating this portfolio with more recent work examples.

Thanks!

Bumping this again due to new updates. I am open to commissions at the moment but I am mostly looking for long-term, high paying positions.

Fantastic work. I would love to talk with you about a possible map commission, sent you a FR on Discord if you’re interested.

Thank you.

i don’t know why is expensive For hired you seriously?.

Bumping again due to new work. Still looking for long-term work or high paying positions.

Hey! Would you be willing to work for Spotlight Interactive Studios? We are looking for a map similar to what you have dealt with before (Sin Law State). More information in DM’s but pay is 50 USD+

Wow, you have done a lot of commissions, your work is fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, there’s always more work to come.

2 Likes