We’re Novaly Studios, a team with 170M+ plays & Bloxy for ‘Best New Studio’. Last month, we partnered up with Statespace to bring Aim Lab (the most popular trainer on Steam) to the Roblox platform.
Aimblox is the first project on Roblox to bring a popular Steam game to the platform. In Aimblox, players can cooperatively aim train or fight against other players in competitive mode.
Aim Trainer gameplay
Competitive mode (FPS) gameplay
Aimblox has been in beta for about 1 month and has so far been played ~3.5 million times by over 1 million users
We are looking for an experienced developer who can help us make Aimblox awesome to play on for mobile and console players.
- Work with other developers (engineers, game designers, data scientists) to implement key gameplay elements
- Implement enemy AI with unique movement patterns
- Implement monitoring of player strengths and weaknesses + provide automated recommendation to players to improve their aim
- Main goal: provide an enjoyable and comprehensive training experience comparable to the best aim trainers found outside of Roblox
Should have traits:
- Can work effectively in small teams
- Can use git, rojo, and TestEZ to contribute to the project
- Have prior experience working on FPS projects and medium-large sized projects
- Can communicate well with others and adapt to other personalities
- Takes ownership over getting work done and understanding how the user interacts with your features
Nice to have traits:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar technical field
- Experience working in larger technology companies
- Enjoys FPS shooters and interacting with the player base
Flexible working hours with ~2 team meetings a week. Offline communication through Discord and Slack. Fully remote.
Expectations: Complete weekly tasks, understand how users perceive your features
Pay will be competitive and negotiable. We are offering about $5000 / month or more (in USD or Robux) with the opportunity for a full time Software Engineer position in Novaly Studios LLC or Statespace Inc. Initial contract will be 1-3 months long.
Show us a link to projects you’ve previously worked on before. Reach out to us on Discord (TPC9000#0230), (NoAlias#0680) or @NovalyStudios. We’ll review and contact you shortly!
Must be 18 or older to apply.
For referral prize: $50 prize if we end up hiring your recommendation!