Open-source In-Game Avatar Editor

How would I update the catalog?

2 Likes

you know dude i always wanted an editor that was simple thxs

1 Like

maybe add like an importing system were you can import using an id

1 Like

Why is it only available in R15 because my game is based off of R6 and it sucks that I cannot use this :confused:

1 Like

thank you!

I’ve always wondered how to begin character customization during gameplay

1 Like

could this be modified to work with custom player characters? and accessories?

2 Likes

You should be able to modify ServerScriptService.AvatarEditorServer to support R6. I think there are few parts needs editing.

Bundles: (ServerScriptService.AvatarEditorServer, line 255)
You just need to check if Humanoid.RigType is R6 or R15. I think you can just parent the bundle’s children to the character.

Scaling:(ServerScriptService.AvatarEditorServer, line 323)
You need to check if the Humanoid.RigType if R6 or R15. R6 does not support scaling.

I think that is it to support R6. Further testing might need to be done.

Probably.
For custom characters, you probably need to change humanoid:AddAccessory() to your custom method of attaching accessories to your character; Welds or whatever.
For custom accessories, you need to upload the accessory as a model and add the Id and Name to the respective category in ReplicatedStorage.Catalog.Accessories.CATEGORY

4 Likes

I would like to know how to save the avatar in-game.

2 Likes

Man :confused: Why can’t this be R6 as well :frowning:

Thanks! This looks amazing! Keep up the good work. <3

is there any ways that can get all the items from roblox catalog, and load it back into the game instead of getting id of each items and put into modules

1 Like

I should have thought about saving when making this. I think you can use a BindableFunction to get what the player is currently wearing from playerWearingAssets table in AvaterEditorServer and save that table to a data store. As for loading it, I should have made the avatar editor more modular. Right now there is no way to apply all the accessories at once. You can probably use a BindableEvent and call the wear(player, id) function for all the assets.

There are two ModuleScripts in ServerScriptService that can update the catalog database. You just need a proxy. There is more information on this post:

I dont know what im doing wrong

but for custom accessories, do I have to make a model of the accessorie, or the handle of the accessorie, I have been trying and I dont seem to make it work, is there something that Im doing wrong?

Seems to be working for me in R6, all I had to do was add this to the script (or make another serverscript), and put this in it, definitely a bad solution but hey, it works… kinda. (set your game settings to R6 only or this will break literally everything, also packages literally do not work)

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)
		char.Humanoid.Changed:Connect(function(thing)
			if thing == "HipHeight" then
				char.Humanoid.HipHeight = 0
			end
		end)
	end)
end)
3 Likes

how do I make a system that saves the changes of the character?

1 Like

This is a good resource. Thanks. :+1:

Could you make a version of this that’s R6 based? Thanks!

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know, that there is a YouTube channel called AB_DEVV, which is taking your avatar editor and calling it his own.

5 Likes

wow imagine spending days on something and seeing that someone else is taking the credit of making it you should do a report this person

1 Like

The person who made this though must be young and doesn’t know what copying can do.

1 Like