[open source] sekiro grapple hook

decided to start a project where I remake mechanics from different videogames on stream and then open source the final product, here’s my first mechanic: the grapple hook from sekiro

you can watch the archived stream here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/539138700

417 Likes

This is so cool! Thank you so much for helping me and the community! :stuck_out_tongue: Please keep making more like this! :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

brb making Just Cause on Roblox

45 Likes

This is super awesome! Thanks for making this. Always like the things you open source they’ve helped me learn a lot :+1:

25 Likes

This looks great. Thank you for making this. :grinning:

4 Likes

Looks Outstanding! Cant wait to learn from this.

2 Likes

This looks really good! Great job!

3 Likes

Oh my god, this is absolutely amazing!!

1 Like

Now you play the actual game and end up dying thousands of times. Haven’t experienced that yet because I still want to get and play through Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne and complete even more rounds of Code Vein.

Okay that aside, that is a really cool innovation and it’s open source to boot. There’s a lot of use for this model, including learning value. Thank you for sharing, I am beyond stunned.

By the way, are you part of Ruddev? I honestly owe my entire Roblox career to them. Open sourced Rudimentality projects were the first taste of Studio I have ever gotten and without them, I probably never would’ve been where I am today.

7 Likes

Taking a quick look into ServerScriptService.LISCENCE ModuleScript, it states that it is under Rudimentality.

1 Like

I saw that just now while looking through the source. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is awesome!! I had a ton of fun just playing around with it, and for anyone wondering - it’s R6 compatible as well (it just doesn’t show the chain from the grapple).

Thank you for this awesome release!!

1 Like

should be relatively easy to fix the chain for r6 by modifying ReplicatedStorage.effects.grapple

just need to put a new attachment in the arm and attach the beam attachment0 to it

5 Likes

I think there is a bug when you grapple to the same place twice without moving, it would kill you or change the position of your head
https://gyazo.com/e184a5f9be84628ca44c9adcdf1c2af8

2 Likes

I take this that you will be creating and open sourcing more of projects? If so, what kind of game mechanics are you looking to make and are the streams for this on a schedule?

Will def. Use this for my upcoming Vestaria like game :eyes:

2 Likes

Wow!

I do not know how people even make with these sort of things.

Awesome.

3 Likes

This is one of the coolest things I have seen! Thank you for making it open source!

1 Like

Wow, this seems like a great resource to learn from, thanks for open sourcing it!

1 Like

Amazing! Ive been trying to make this but failed badly.

1 Like