Open Sourced | Inventory and Hotbar System

Hey! I wanted to create my own open sourced project to learn, improve and help others and here it is!

Inventory and Custom Hotbar System:

Features:

• Custom Hotbar System
  • Stackable Items
  • Drop/Pickup Items
  • Slot System
  • Savable
  • Search System
  • Sorting System

Easy way to add items
Organized and Modular code

I’m still improving so I really would appreciate it if you can give me some feedbacks and if you find bugs that breaks the system, let me know below.

Test the system here: Game Link
Download file: Inventory_Hotbar_System.rbxl (87.0 KB)

I hope this would help some of you!

[1/23/2023]
It seems that a roblox update has broken the client side when you reset character. I’ll be working on a fix when I get the time.

145 Likes

It is stuff like this that I absolutely love to check out and mess with. I appreciate you creating this as an Open sourced project, from the screenshots, it looks fantastic! I tested most of it and it seems to be great and I am looking forward to using some of the systems to see what I can improve!

9 Likes

thank you so much, Im glad you liked it!

6 Likes

Thanks for the contribution, I’ll share with my community as some of them may need it.

4 Likes

Looks pretty good, I’m interesting in testing it out. Before I do though, is it possible to separate the Hotbar from the custom inventory system, as well as all the others? Does it replace the Roblox CoreGui one by hiding it?

Thanks

3 Likes

thanks, yes it is possible and should be pretty simple. It is fully custom so it has no relation to roblox backpack system though

6 Likes

POGGERS my dude youre the best ever

3 Likes

and good looking. thanks man i appreciate it

5 Likes

Pretty good, even has a decently made simplistic UI.
Kinda would’ve loved to see crafting as well but hey, it’s a pick up / drop / inv system !

Also, why no check on the distance that a player can pickup this or that ?
Security is important my friend (¬_¬ )

4 Likes

wow so cool i love how this works

3 Likes

Thanks! I didnt bother with a distance check because it wont be for an actual game anyway, i mainly focused on economy breaking exploits such as duplication but i appreciate pointing that out as i may update this in the future

3 Likes

Will add scroll through hotbar and maybe slot dragging mechanic

4 Likes

How do I add my own items into this system? Overall it’s a pretty good Inventory System I keep getting this error though… 1 is not a valid member of Frame “Players.iiExocitie.PlayerGui.ScreenUIs.HotbarFrame” and ReplicatedStorage.Modules.Client.InventoryUI:85: attempt to index nil with ‘Display’ How do I prevent this from happening??

2 Likes

in ReplicatedStorage > Modules > Resources > ItemInfos, you can see all the item infos as module scripts, add items by creating a new module script following the other items format, for the viewportframe, create one for the item and put it into the module script as a child. Now create a model for the item and put it in ServerStorage > ItemObjects and a tool for it to Tools

3 Likes

It works, thanks for helping me! But the ViewportFrame is the only problem It doesn’t show up but thanks for helping me tho, I’ll try and figure this out.

2 Likes

yeah, I set the viewportframes manually because items can have different sizes. I recommend making a script that makes the viewportframe then just adjust the offsets of the camera to get the look you want, then run the script on the run command bar

3 Likes

Hi there, i love the system! i’ll definetly credit you if i use it, but how do i add custom images to an item i added? Also i’ve suddenly got this glitch where when i pick up an item, the “f to pick up” gui doesnt dissapear until i hover over another item, any fix? Also, i’m trying to connect this to a crafting system. How could i access both the items in the inventory and the hotbar inside a script?

4 Likes

Amazing stuff, I will be using this in my future projects!

3 Likes

Been playing around with it, and when you pick up a item it seems like the pickup UI doesn’t disappear. Can’t seem to find a solution.

2 Likes

I managed to fix that problem myself

2 Likes