Open Sourced | Inventory and Hotbar System

The UI does not seem to display properly when the player dies …

2 Likes

This is a problem.
Also how did you fix the UI

2 Likes

Find the add item function and make the pick ui invisible

1 Like

nice, but we still have the death problem

2 Likes

i have tried using, :WaitForChild
but Items never gets pickedup

for the death problem

2 Likes

Hello! So I made an item to Called “Test” and everything seems to work mostly fine with it but I have come across the issue that viewport isn’t working for it.

Here is the Test Item:

And the item info module.

Other than that, this is a great resource and I will definitely be using it!

2 Likes

I made the viewports for each items manually, so yes, it wouldn’t work if you haven’t done that

4 Likes

Are you going to fix the sore thumb?
aka When you die the inventory has a spastic response.

2 Likes

Changing the name of an item seems to completely mess up the system…

i tried to replace the rock by renaming everything and now its giving me this error and will not not my hotbar. How can i fix this? is it possible to reset the data for a player? because i think thats my issue.

2 Likes

hey, i’ll help u fix the system if u message me directly. as for the resetting data, just rename the datastore key in the data handler script.

4 Likes

Could you release a global fix?

2 Likes

Amazing system! One problem I have, how can you drop all the items when you die?

1 Like

Hello,

tool Image data is where? My gun works but image is blank

I have been digging through the code but yet to find where the hotbar tool image is stored at… anyone know where that is… I prob just need some sleep…
the test gun I added and put items related to it are marked below via explorer… in my other game where I pulled it from when it goes to normal hotbar system is has an image.

Also if it relates the the ViewportFrame, I copied the wood one, and then added the new tool info…
seem like if I create a new ViewportFrame, it is just white… no image either…

I also reset the datahandler key, but that did not help with the image issue…

Thanks

1 Like

I made viewportframes for each items manually because they can have different sizes and would be able to display them as I wish. In order to display a new item’s image, you would have to make a viewportframe for it manually.

1 Like

Amazing system. Didn’t feel like testing the “death issue” everyone is talking about. But your system gives me the good ol’ Booga Booga vibes!

(For anybody/everybody who knows Booga Booga.)

1 Like

How do I do that? Sorry I have never used viewports before.

1 Like

Thanks alot for this system!
One problem that I experienced while testing it on mobile: I can’t pick the items up since I’d need to press the F button on the keyboard. Do you know a way to fix this issue?

1 Like

Oh, mobile compatibility wasn’t in my mind when I made this system at all, sorry about that. There’s not a way to fix that unless you edit the codes itself, which is why I open sourced this system in the first place: for people to learn from the code and modify it

2 Likes

Nice resource! But for some reason I am unable to view the screenshot from the original post when I click on it:

3 Likes

the image isn’t loading, weird

also it seems to be reported by my country neighbor I have a problem with images and videos in devforum

also We might need the model link so we don’t have to download a .rbxlx and it’s a .exe file disguised

1 Like