Open-Sourced Island Tycoon

Created on 8/18/2019

Created by: Canadlan_Developer

Why is my game free?

Because I want to help all of you developers that need low-poly builds and I also no longer use my game I am giving it up because I have started something new and I hope you guys can make some use out of this I left all my scripts, UI and builds for everyone to take I hope you all enjoy.

Examples

57 Likes

Heya, what rights do we hold if we use the game. E.G. are we allowed to use it for commercial reasons, do we have access to the thumbnail.

Also, I don’t seem to have access to use it:

7 Likes

Thank you for this resource. It’s a pretty cool game, and people can learn off of this and create and maybe even add more ideas onto the game!

3 Likes

You guys have the right to use anything you want! the scripts and GUI is broken due to roblox updates but if you guys can fix it then you guys will have some nice assets :slight_smile: good luck

4 Likes

Heya, I don’t believe the place is uncopylocked, or is there something i’m missing?

My bad I will unlock it right now!

3 Likes

Wow, this is amazing. I love it when people open-source things. Really helpful to the community!

Volcano made entirely from wedges?? O:

Some questionable code…

In literally every land part, there is a script that changes the walk sound:

Lots of free models too…

Some inefficiency but overall I am glad you open-sourced this :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeah since i’m not the best scripter i didnt know how to change the sound of the music when you touch a new spot so what i did was i put a script into a part and when you touch that part the sound will change … for example! if you touch the beach you start to hear the water and when you touch the grass you start to hear the birds and the nature

Totally will help me in the future! Great job!

1 Like

just for your future projects, I would highly recommend you using Region3 for stuff like this :))

Are we allowed to continue developing on this and publish it for players to use?

Cool place.

1 Like

This will help me in the future, as of now i’m still learning the basics of scripting and such.

1 Like

If you want but many people are taking it now and it may not do you any good

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! :smiley:

1 Like

Does it saves Tycoon Data? I will check it.

1 Like

This will be helpful for my project, thank you very much for open-sourcing it. <3

why i can’t edit game?

pls answer as fast as you can :slight_smile: