[ OPEN SOURCED ] Simple Message logging!

Someone said this can get your account terminated, is it against TOS?

No. It will only get you warned. It gets terminated if it is excessive.

1 Like

Discord: yes if there are too many logs; discord isn’t meant for logging.
Roblox: yes, if the text isn’t filtered.

1 Like

It doesn’t need to be filtered it is sending a request . At least I think.

1 Like

Messages, by the player, such as a report GUI, have to be filtered.

1 Like

Everything is filtered as it’s tracked by the server and everything! Nothing to do with the client. Hope you enjoy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have read through all documents I could find on Discord bots and I have not seen anything supporting that using a bot for this would result in a ban. You can find all bot policy’s here.

Like I said, bots can get you banned. It is just a web hook on steroids. It still uses endpoints. It is just harder. But it is possible

Have you even read the Discord bot policy? Because that would seem to state otherwise. Discord Developer Portal

If you don’t want to get banned for logging just have it send only 1 every hour or so, 24 packets sent per day shouldn’t get you banned.

Your HTTP requests should be wrapped in a pcall. Some retry logic is also nice to have. Also you shouldn’t be clearing your messages table before sending them. Possible data loss. Clear it after. Also refrain from using spawn, it has a built in wait() at the beginning and numerous other problems with it.

You would need the roblox server that the player chatted on running for more 24 hours…? That’s not ideal

What… i put the table.clear in the spawn function which runs after the script thread is done

Use this Discord Chat Logging (With Bots Reduced Ban Risk) if you’re scared/risk of getting banned.

It looks like you set up the spawn before you format and send the HTPP request.

Ah you beat me to posting this, thanks for posting it for me!

1 Like

Yeah your explanations still make absolutely 0 sense. I know pretty much everything there is to lua, and have no clue what you are trying to say. Can you be more specific? Edit what? Etc.

No it is not. There is no guarantee that the table clearing will happen after you format the data. This is bad. You need to be 100 percent positive that the table clears AFTER you make the HTTP request. Your logic makes no sense at all, and this is really simple, I don’t see how you are not understanding. Simply clear the messages table after you are done with it. Why are you opposed to doing that?

I’m not going to argue with you furthermore- Learn more about it here Roblox Globals | Roblox Creator Documentation, Once again spawn(function() schedules a function to be executed on a separate thread at the end of execution. In this case I put it in a spawn(function() because I want to make it easier for people and not get them confused. Either way I put it in a spawn(function() so no matter where they put the function it will still run at the end of the execution. Hope you comprehend lmfao :happy4:

I don’t see anything on the documentation of spawn about it running at the end of execution. It says " The function will be executed the next time Roblox’s Task Scheduler runs an update cycle". This means that the next time the task scheduler updates (in this case 30 times per second), it will run the function. There is no guarantee that the other code will finish running before the task scheduler. Also I noticed you still haven’t wrapped HTTP requests in pcalls. Why?