Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

I’m not against public UGC. I think it’s great that it’ll be open to just about everyone now (premium 1000 requirement aside, which is a bit weird but I assume that’s to prevent easy botting and dodging UGC bans, which is good!), and as someone who doesn’t care much about UGC “devaluing” roblox-made limiteds, I don’t mind all the “knockoffs.” (To be clear, by “knockoffs,” I mean UGC items with unique designs based off roblox-made items, I think some of those are cool. I will agree though that people uploading 1:1 copies of existing limiteds by separating the mesh into like 3 separate hats is lame and lazy, even if it’s kinda funny to me.)

However, I like UGC limiteds for the ability to award them in-game like an event item. I’ve been interested in doing something like that in my games and have been eagerly awaiting public UGC for a while now, so it’s safe to say I was excited to see this announcement today! At least, until I saw this little tidbit here:

…Roblox, are you insane? All this new stock price does is discourage free customization and encourage devs to make UGC limiteds earned ingame have insanely tedious requirements just to draw out playtime in hopes of making back the cost via premium payouts and people buying stuff to progress faster, because they can’t depend on people reselling the item to make back the cost in any reasonable amount of time since they only get 10% of each resale!!! Heck, free limiteds being tedious to get was already a problem even before today, but it’s just going to be worse now. What was the point of this change??

8 Likes

people with the small budget shouldn’t do ugc. they wouldn’t profit.

Very true, I’ve bought many ugc giftboxes from Fort Yolkshire some of which are from good friends of mine. This whole 100rbx per fiasco is very unfortunate because if they are not able to provide it will look bad on them while this isn’t their fault. its absurd…

1 Like

I have put my feelings of these revelations into a song. Enjoy <3

11 Likes

I’m not against public UGC, I knew it was the plan from the beginning. But when it costs 3000 robux just to get an item on Marketplace that only gives me 30% back ('cause Roblox takes 70% of the profit) I just- How am I supposed to compete with copycat garbage that sells simply because it’s a copy. I just wanna make unique items T-T

1 Like

We all knew public UGC was destined to come, but this sudden change to the price per stock of a limited is pretty disastrous please rethink your decision!

1 Like

Just give me access to publish the 3D UGCs lol

That’s cool and all, but when is it actually actually coming out?

Last time I got a prompt saying I qualify and all I needed was to get Premium, so I did, and then I wasn’t allowed which means I practically got scammed out of a few bucks.

When are you ACTUALLY going to release it??

3 Likes

is this still slowly rolling out?, because i meet all requirements and i cant save to roblox and publish as a accessory

3 Likes

maxxell warned us everything goes to zero

I don’t know what to say. UGC at one point was a small group of incredibly talented individuals. If you were in the UGC you were respected within the community it meant you had skill. It also gave you an ok income. Now UGC is ridiculed, it is littered with creators that have 0 skill and upload literal 1:1 copies of existing items. The increase in pricing, which I assume is to limit how much ugc is uploaded, has just killed the economy and profitability of being a UGC creator.

The trading economy has also crashed. People could become millionaires if they knew how to trade and understood value of something. Now you can just buy pretty much any limited for 15 robux. Along with there are a bunch of 1 copy limited that are “worth” 9B robux

This is one of the worst decisions I have seen so far

2 Likes

You will have to wait until it expires.

It’s a very far fall from grace sadly.

1 Like

yeah, you need it to keep your items on-sale

1 Like

i wonder how i guessed the person who used ai to make ugc would also use ai to make said song

3 Likes

I’m not sure but the way I read that was that you get 100% until the Publishing Advance is refunded then it goes to 70/30… ?

also is the price now set at 10k to publish to marketplace to be sold? (from the video it shows 10k robux), i thought it was 700 robux

that’s for a limited item which has now changed to 100 robux per 1 stock :skull:.

ok thank you thats pretty sick, i don’t even know why they had that price before hand lol

now you can create ugc items, now if you are happy make sure u use it wisely, or well idk up to you i dont think ugc has any value now lol