Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

Не думал что тут русскоговорящие есть лол

Oh no… oh nooo. oh no no no… no…

1 Like

I’m confused about if this program is still rolling out to people, or what. Whenever I try and upload I get a “failed to fetch moderation results”, don’t know what I’m doing wrong…

1 Like

Can I just say that the people who go to all the trouble to get ID verified and pay IRL money to mass-produce low-quality UGC literally don’t matter? Just don’t buy from them, they won’t be able to afford mass production if they aren’t being bought and plenty of good creators exist and will continue to exist.

1 Like

I am questioning the same thing - How did this get past quality assurance.

I mean it’s great opening up more opportunities to more people but yet there’s still major underlying problems like Copyright Protection, Inappropriate items, and ripoff UGCs that the AI moderation or actual human moderators don’t seem to care about, so you have to manually report them?

Not to mention the per-unit fee for free limited items is 100 Robux.

The marketplace right now is 50/50 and it might go further from here.

For anyone wondering I can confirm the update has released, I just uploaded an item successfully as a test.

1 Like

After a couple years of waiting, UGC is now accessible to all(-ish). Roblox gave creators minimal communication in the leadup to this announcement (we didn’t know when it was coming beyond Q2 2024, and got an announcement after the DevForum post), so we are all super caught off-guard. Many creators have managed to make a living off the program, so although this was inevitable, I’m sure many would’ve appreciated some communication. There are a number of concerns raised with the opening of the program, though:

• Introducing new fees means a new creator is probably going to need to spend around 20-30 USD to upload a single standard item (depending on the item type)
    • Premium 1000/2200 for the item’s creator (group owner if uploaded to a group), a 750 robux upload-fee, and a “publishing advance” (anywhere from 1000-1700 robux for standard UGC, 4000 robux for bodies, and up to 20000 robux for limiteds)
      • Premium is technically not required to upload to your profile according to Roblox’s resources, but it is required to publish - same with the publishing advance
      • Worth noting that the publishing advance is intended to be a little easier to recuperate than a regular fee, as Roblox provides an extra 40% until you make it back
    • The ID verification requirement is honestly a relatively fair one in my opinion, as most genuine creators have access to one
  • 30% cut for UGC creators
    • Roblox suggests we sell them in our own games/homestores for the bonus 40% to get the full 70%, but countless creators have tried, and it’s practically never succeeded. Games like Catalog Avatar Creator dominate and overshadow any homestores creators make (not intended as a jab at the games present in any way, just trying to show why Roblox’s theory doesn’t work out in reality for most creators).
      • Games selling items taking a larger share than the creators themselves also feels illogical, especially when considering how with classic clothing (which UGC is even more analogous to now), creators get a 70% cut, and even if sold in a game, creators of classic clothing get a 60% cut and games get a 10%. Why the difference? We pay greater fees only to receive a smaller cut?
  • Inconsistent/poor moderation
    • This is inevitable and to be expected, but the extent to which it’s been apparent (copyright infringement of IP not owned by Roblox is excluded from this point, because they legally can’t take action until there’s a DMCA).
    • Just recently, creators have had items which were up for a year or two taken down - some of these I believe were even when moderation for items was still manual human review, so they clearly weren’t against TOS before, but have since been deemed inappropriate?
    • Creators are inadequately equipped to identify reuploads of their items. The only thing Roblox automatically flags & prevents an upload of is 1:1 recreations (and even then, an infringer can move a single vertex and evade the entire security measure).
      • UGC will more than likely have its biggest boom when it first releases as we saw with the release of limiteds. Why don’t we have the tools to properly takedown items before the majority of the damage is done?
  • The ongoing reformatting of categories/dealing with miscategorization
    • Why release public UGC when items which set bad precedents are still uploaded in improper categories? It’s only going to misinform new creators and make the problem worse.
    • Some types of items are still unclear on how they should be categorized (ex. Handhelds, full-body LC). In these cases, people are forced to miscategorize items and make the problem worse.
    • Some categories (i.e. shoes) we never even got, despite being promised long ago.
11 Likes

Yes I can imagine 3000 year when they add builtin meshpart editor.

It’s not letting me upload? I see the tab but there’s no create button…

Finally! I’m so happy with this

Then again, anyone with a mere 10 dollars at their disposal can get access to uploading ugc, honestly should’ve kept it to those who are ID verified.

I think that this was a needed change. Game creators should have more freedom with avatar items like us uploading our own avatar items. It was frustrating to find someone just to upload items which we should be able to do ourselves easily. This premium requirement is not very nice, though. I’d much rather a higher upload fee instead of a monthly payment, or at least I’d rather having the option for both at best.

“Free limited items” is not “free items” also per unit fee is stupid

The developer should not be getting a cut of the profits tho… and why only 30% when we are the ones who made the item??? Why should we pay a huge fee to upload the item but get even less in return compared to someone slapping the item into a game and letting people buy it?!

2 Likes

You know this is a real w roblox now every single roblox limited or hat will become worthless because anyone can reupload it and give it to players in any way they wanf i cant wait to get my 17th pink dominus astra level 90000 hat epic dominus bruh moment hat for the day

1 Like

HERE IT COMES

17 Likes

Roblox getting sued by every corpotation speedrun 100% WR Glitchless

1 Like

there will be a day where you can do all of them at once

Roblox new 1940 Germany update!!! Roblox moderation already lets so many of those past on clothing so how will they moderate hats. The catalog is so cooked fr. Wallahi its finished.

i wonder how this backfires on catalog gonna be man Im excited.

I dont know how this is bad i love funny poopoo stinky monkey body suit i think we need more of this on tbe catalog

1 Like