Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

This is the day that Roblox will change forever. Mark my words.

4 Likes

Forever in a downwards spiral for sure. Clothing was already bad enough everybody is going to be dressing up as bad historical figures or wearing every copyrighted item known to man you’re going to join a game jusr to see 17 pikachus and mickey and minnie mouse

1 Like

This is good in the fact that the low effort slop which makes up a lot of ugc will lose value, as creating such junk will no longer be kept behind an application process. I guess its not so good for the few truly skilled creators out there.

Its not good low effort slop having value was a good thing and now it means literally every roblox hat will lose value. Dominuses and Domino Crowns will be worth the same as the bacon hair.

Hey, I wouldn’t go THAT far. It’ll definitely diminish the worth of a lot of accessories by a lot, but not to that low.

though I highly doubt it’ll go that far, I sure wish it would. I dont give a single crap about overpriced virtual items which look like someones first 3d model, and I especially don’t care about the people who value and gatekeep such things.

Nobody even buys dominuses or rare items because they arenr worth it anyway and they are basically pointless with all the free ugc dominusea and knockoff dominuses its basically done atp

A dominus is a prized possession which is over 10 years old are you saying you wouldnt care if peoples cats started getting ran over becauss God added a new update to Earth which gave everyoje a free pet? This is basically whats gonna happen everything valuable is gone now everyone will have everything trading will be pointless robux will be easier to get front page games will be easier to make this is a bad choice

lmao that is the most bizarre thing ive read in a while. the fact that you’re even comparing a virtual hat to a living breathing animal which we form lasting emotional connections with tells me enough. maybe this needs to happen for your own sake lol

1 Like

This is a terrible idea.

You guys have no ML moderation to prevent copies of already existing User Generated/Roblox items being uploaded, and this has been a problem even in some of the earlier times of the program. And ironically, there has been no action taken to prevent this kind of stuff. Roblox has had a limited economy for years now, and UGC limiteds killed that. The lack of any moderation to stop copies is just straight up BS. There is no integration into the current item moderation tools? Shame.

Another thing is the hike in price for UGC limiteds. WHY is the price per unit 100 robux? To upload 10,000 copies of a limited, you would need 1 MILLION ROBUX. That is unaffordable for most of the people who you are trying to target for this public program. Not only do you force ID verification, but also a purchase of premium. Then, come to find out that they can’t make tons of UGC limiteds without having robux that a highly performing creator would have on here. Previously, you could upload millions of UGC copies for very little price. Why the hike in price?

Also the part where you advertise the Texture Generator tool for creating UGC items. This is incredibly shameful to all developers on this platform who spend hours, maybe even days of their time creating custom textures just for Roblox to say “we’re gonna allow AI-generated textures for UGC items! sorry bozos!”. It’s just incredibly disgusting overall.

So my final opinion? This update kinda sucks. 4/10 in my book.

2 Likes

Im comparing it to a living breathing animal because some of these hats are only owned by 30 people if you had a pet or something important in your life which only you had you would be reasonably frusturated if everyone had it aswell or if something bad happened to it because everyone also had it and it became pointless and worthless in other peoples eyes you know how bad people are theres no limits here we could get the most deplorable racist gorey incriminating rhings uploaded on the daily

1 Like

And just like that, 1:1 copies of Roblox limiteds are already being uploaded and put on sale. What a joke.

2 Likes

I literally just sw a 1 to 1 5 srock join and claim lord of a fedoration this is a pathetic cash grab by robklox clearlyemphasized text

Well, this will be interesting to say the least.

I don’t get it, why are they rushing too much for public UGC when the moderation is still “questionable” to say the least?

3 Likes

Literally Ruben Sim always uploads videos showing literal cheese pizza groups with 10 years acting weird with grown men on the platform literal anti senitism and much more yet they punish him for “defamation” just for calling them out. Yet they are so INSISTENT on making it so everybody can upload terrible stuff onto the platform.

1 Like

yeah once again i dont care, in fact, id go as far as to wish such a Terrible, Horrible, and Devastating fate upon people with mindsets such as yours. Id understand if you were talking about how much money in form of an asset people have to lose, but an emotional attachment and a feeling of importance or exclusivity derived owning a virtual item? that stuff is hilarious

This is a great update except for this below:

This will stop almost everyone from publishing free limiteds except massive corporations who can afford to pay this much for advertising. Please reduce this number back to 20 or something I was planning to make free ugc for my experince but i can’t see spending 10000 robux just to produce 100 free limiteds that will be gone within minutes as good investment.

4 Likes

You basically have to pay for Roblox Premium 1000 or 2200 for the rest of your life, otherwise all your items automatically get marked off-sale by Roblox.

It’s a pretty harsh change, but it’s meant to prevent items from overflowing the catalog I suppose.

1 Like

I feel zero emotional attachement from virtual items besides my eggs but im just saying theres people out there who do and it negatively impacts loads of people. Also it was one comparision you’re acting like im some evil person over a comparision on the internet. Even though its weird to compare real animals to virrual items its not like im going out of my way to harm cats and other animals.