Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

Personally, I thought the charm of Public UGC was that you can easily find creators that you love, now the amount of smaller creators that could have their items stolen without knowing on such a huge market and be ripped off may be so very tragic, this is a market that already has many issues as is.

If anything, wished yall resolved that entirely first.

26 Likes

W update ! but fix price of paid limited plz

4 Likes

Can we stop public UGC???

19 Likes

Well, i waited an entire year from now to get an response if im accepted or declined from UGC, and now i see public UGC is out…

Yeah there will definitely some creators that are talented enough and they will use it for UGC, but will their works would be noticeable compared to tons of other people who also want to upload items?

Well right now i don’t know what to say, but thats all i had in my mind.

11 Likes

Common Roblox W.

Of course, we still love you. And we always will! Thanks for making this platform better and better every single day.

6 Likes

woo public UGC access! Totally not gonna see more knock-offs being on the front page of the catalog!

8 Likes

Let the games begin!
the marketplace is already mid ATM i wonder if it’ll become like the toolbox lol!

4 Likes

Hopefully you will be super strict on blatant violations.
If not, then this is the wrong time for this and you’ve caused the platform to take a huge leap backwards.

7 Likes

I just finished the haircuts today is this a sign that I should post the ugc today???!!

15 Likes

This is a bad idea, without proper filters on assets and human intervention, you’re asking for a larger audience to bypass assets onto the catalog than already has been.

It’s still possible to spoof bypasses onto the legacy clothing store, decals, audio, and other marketplace spaces (and even voice chat), so when people are spoofing NSFW onto hats and selling them, I really can’t be sad about it anymore when it wasn’t prevented in the first place for an update as big as this one.

This update should NOT have gone through. Front paging the horrors of this platform was a bad PR move.

22 Likes

Can’t wait to see this disaster unfold esp since a lot of issues haven’t been fixed yet :melting_face:

4 Likes

it doesnt even let you for layered clothing wym? every layered clothing item faces the left and it cant be changed

9 Likes

So Tldr: UGC requirements are now lessened

3 Likes

This was a unexpected release but thats cool!

2 Likes

I wonder when the DMCA is going to come to Roblox.

4 Likes

Are you mentioning accessories only? Or bundles included?

5 Likes

this is awesome! can’t wait to upload ugc!

1 Like

This is great but I worry about the content that will be produced as requirements become more and more lax. There are quite a few bypasses that float around in the UGC and opening it up even more is slightly worrying. I don’t want what happened to classic clothing to occur to the UGC market where it becomes profitable to run bots that funnel item clones or more low quality “models” which are the equivalent of a 2d image or a scan of someone’s head or something. I am fully for opening doors but I just worry

5 Likes

this is the single worse decision that roblox has made in years, god i hope they undo this

5 Likes

This website cannot handle this. Why are you forcing this change so much. This is not the right move anyone can see that. Not only for the creators but for your own company. The amount of copyrighted assets and copys of limiteds that will make it through and ruin the economy is crazy

12 Likes