Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

Why are you opening the catalog to almost everyone when stuff like this exist
(3) BIG Monkey Suit - Roblox

And don’t ask why i own it lol

20 Likes

This is really good since now there will be more good ugc

4 Likes

na bruh public ugcers arent ready for the costs. announce how much it costs to upload & sell an item :joy:

those looking to publish ugcs: it costs u 750 to UPLOAD and then 1.5k to sell. keep in mind your item might not sell out.

have fun!

15 Likes

Simple. Just don’t make mediocre items.

4 Likes

Yikes- This is going to be the final nail in the coffin for the UGC Community’s Decency, (and I thought the “Cartoony Rainbow” trend was bad) Now we’re going to have 100 more copyrighted items that UGC creators are pushing for a couple extra pennies. Well at least there are some UGC creators that are still original.

And with all this hellfire, At least I don’t need to wait 7 more months for my UGC application to be accepted!.. right?..

8 Likes

best thing to do is just made few ugc items for yourslef (and mayve few friends) cuz lets be honest when big amount of ppl get access to it u have around 0% to get profit from making that ugc

4 Likes

This is a very large change to bring upon the community. The Marketplace will change a lot and I hope it will go well. But I cannot help to be cautious of what can and will probably happen. Floods of low quality items, items that violate intellectual property, copied Roblox items, and so much more.

Regardless, this is awesome to see that anyone (with the appropriate requirements) can create their own items to their hearts content. I’ll have to try it out myself soon.

6 Likes

Thank you for expanding the UGC program to everyone fulfilling the mentioned requirements! This is a very crucial step for Roblox and I am glad to see them undertaking this even after the strong criticism.

I am bound to assume Roblox has a plan for the extra load of moderation.

Good luck people!

5 Likes

Pink Beard Games is excited to be able to access UGC through the public release now! The incentive now to not upload spam is great. Amazing update!

1 Like

I’m sorry what?

I’ve got brand integrations right now that require free UGC, all of a sudden their prices have increased 10x without any warning or lead time.

Who the hell approved this??

28 Likes

It’s very difficult to make back upload fees with the current UGC cut creators are given. I hope this change also comes with that understanding by Roblox, and they re-assess the cut creators are given :slight_smile:

5 Likes

the catalog will suffer, cant wait for a gigantic banana shoulder pet to be sold for 10000 robux

2 Likes

we’re cooked ugcbros

100 blender monkeys + donuts per day inbound

12 Likes

This may sound good for the people who have been waiting, but this is actually starting to ruin the platform causing a lawsuit over copyrighted assets

3 Likes

i can’t wait for the 5 billion generic/copyright-infringing/degenerate accessories

5 Likes

The huge amount of fees needed to even upload an item is going to destroy any small creators while spam creators will make quick bank with copied limiteds.

2 Likes

they will all be mediocre if it’s open.
UGC was an invite only/approval only thing where they cherry picked the best of the best
now that it’s open the catalogue will be filled with creators who couldn’t get in through talent
aka ugly models
so no there will be nothing good from this

4 Likes

i love you roblox thank you after so long it’s finally here

3 Likes

No, don’t.

2 Likes

Please tell me you’re joking. :skull:

That’s fine, the point is to make it so people think twice about uploading garbage UGC.

3 Likes