Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

ugc was already filled with slop before this icl

5 Likes

Youā€™d think that after the utter failure of the classic clothing catalogue (people stealing clothing and bypassing the moderation), theyā€™d learn to moderate and control the UGC catalogue first before opening this up to more people who know they can abuse it.

Roblox is not ready for this, and Iā€™m shocked they are entrusting their community with this. Whatever I guess, I doubt weā€™d notice any difference with the current state of the UGC catalogueā€¦ lol.

7 Likes

Well, Thats a Bye for all friends i got in UGC programā€¦ Bye Guys!

6 Likes

This is ABSURD. 100 Robux per quantity for free UGC is not viable for large brands, let alone an individual creator. Iā€™m working with a MASSIVE internationally well-known brand who is planning on doing 250,000 quantity. We were expecting the cost to be somewhere around $25,000, with this new change itā€™ll be $87,500. This is not only going to destroy the ability for UGC games that their whole business model is awarding players for playing, but itā€™s going to make it nearly impossible for brands to giveaway UGC at scale.

We need this changed immediately.

197 Likes

Donā€™t forget you must be ID verified, so if you break the TOS and roblox bans you, you canā€™t create an alt to upload more bad ugc, so roblox only need to have a good moderation and the market will be okay (not good but atlease okay, like rn)

4 Likes

Crazy how I posted about this the other day now itā€™s happening

1 Like

I donā€™t know how to feel about this; the already existing problems with UGC havenā€™t really been addressed and I think itā€™s just going to create more problems to open up a not very organized catalog.

3 Likes

We do not want public ugc. The state of the catalog already sucks.

4 Likes

Looking forward to how this goes.

1 Like

Who is we? Donā€™t really think you speak for everyone on this, I am very excited for this change.

5 Likes

ā€œWeā€ being the small minority of privileged members of the Roblox community with a monopoly over the catalog.

11 Likes

this is the not it, not thaks rblox, txto sad

3 Likes

As much as I can see how this is beneficial to a lot of people, I do hope you have prepared proper ways for us to protect our items, GOOD moderation and quick support + increase in our pay. Seeing how messy it was even before Public UGC, I think we all are a bit worried

6 Likes

I genuinely donā€™t get the standards for this, like how much do you have to be following the community standards? Iā€™ve been banned like twice and I donā€™t understand why I donā€™t have it, within the requirements. (if itā€™s not rolling out)

1 Like

Look at the state of shirts and pants, everything is a copy of something. Look at recently created on accessories, thereā€™s so much thatā€™s just stolen ip, or copies of limiteds.

actually i applied a year ago, right in the time they stopped to accept peopleā€¦

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ thatā€™s the point of the premium requirement, ID Verification, and publishing feesā€¦ to weed out the garbage. Youā€™ll live.

3 Likes

Sick, just canā€™t wait for it to get enrolled for me!

2 Likes

Aaaaand here it is. Doomsday ladies and gentlemen

1 Like

roblox: allows anyone to make UGC
also roblox: makes it impossible for devs to use UGC to boost their games

5 Likes