Optimizer - Optimize your game with a few clicks

Note:

This is no longer being maintained. You are still free to download the plugin, but don’t expect any updates or new features. If anyone would like to continue my work, feel free to do so.

Get it on Roblox

About

Optimizing games are a hassle when you do it by yourself, so I made a plugin to automate all of the work!

Usage

Simply click the icon in the plugins window at the top of studio, and hit run checks in the new window. The plugin will automatically recommend what should be changed.

Screenshots

Plugin screenshots

(cut off from image above)

Credits

PysephDEV - CombinedPairs function
Kaid3n22 - Helping me out with the wait() function finder

Planned

• Recommendation to change the physics stepping method to Adaptive (currently impossible)
  • More useful buttons & features
  • Tooltips to understand why the error appears
  • A better name for the plugin :skull:

Let me know if you have any bugs or problems with this! Enjoy.

24 Likes

I… didn’t say it would? I used it for recommending to change wait() to task.wait(). It loops through common services’ descendants, and sees if there are any scripts with wait() in them. The only time CombinedPairs is used is only for that function, and is never recommended.

2 Likes

Hey, Awesome!

I created something like this a while ago as I thought it was quite useful, frankly this version was never opened to the public, but potentially these points might help you out.

• Game Asset lists
  • Potentially unwanted scripts
  • Heatmap
  • Part Tri Calculator
  • JSON export

7 Likes

UPDATE:

The roblox link is now available! I suggest that everyone switches to this version as you will get the latest features and bugfixes.

Get it here: Optimizer - Roblox

If this changes wait() to task.wait(), there may be some code errors because wait() returns the elapsed time and task.wait() does not:

1 Like

I don’t believe it automatically changes things from what I can gather it only gives you recommendations.

1 Like

I intentionally made it so that it doesn’t change anything in scripts, since errors like this could potentially happen.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the bit with “Meshes do not have level of detail”, I ran a script to literally fetch through every MeshObject in the game and set it’s RenderFidelity to Automatic, yet it still shows that error.

I have 192 tools in lighting I didn’t even know that was a problem this has doubled my fps cheers

I really thought this was a luau partial evaluator…