Option To Disable New Disconnect UI

Within our set of games that we have created, we use our own UI for kick messages. The new disconnection UI is now messing with our UI, which is rather annoying. We do have our UI at a high z-index which appears to be overlapping the new UI content, but the blur effect is still there. It covers everything. :frowning:

It was stated that an option to disable this new UI could be implemented, however, I don’t believe a feature request was actually filed for this. (Reconnect to Game, Improved Join and Teleport errors - #18 by 0xabcdef1234).

29 Likes

Support! I’d like to deliver more detailed custom messages to my users. This could be used not only for bans but for informative error-related kick messages.

2 Likes

I’m thinking maybe some sort of custom disconnect UI option, similar to how custom teleport and loading screens work? This would allow us to not only disable the disconnect UI but actually create our own ‘properly’ implemented versions of it.

4 Likes

A great idea - but there does need to be options to control that annoying blur which covers everything. There is no need to have it forcibly placed on top of everything.

2 Likes

Just going to add on to this topic:

I’m unable to see the debug console due to the blur. Very unhelpful for debugging what happens before a kick.

6 Likes

This would be great because it currently overlaps my ban UI that shows up before the kick occurs. I would prefer to have the option to remove the blur & the Disconnect UI, but keep the message I created.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! We will fix this asap.

4 Likes

Was a fix for this implemented?

1 Like