Option to disable the iPhone X black bar

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to disable the black bar that appears at the top of the screen on iPhone X-series devices.

Being able to disable this bar would be helpful for making immersive games. Right now games on iPhone X feel like they’re letterboxed which really sucks for feeling like you’re a part of a world.

33 Likes

Support! Pardon for me bumping this but having to test or play games on my iPhone X with a black bar on the left side is really bugging me out and some useless space when mobile users are playing with the iPhone X.

Anyway, that black bar on the “top” of the iPhone X is pretty much useless and blocking off important space for games or possibly the website if I recall correctly. Most IOS games out there on the iPhone X do have the black bar as the picture shows at the top of the phone but some don’t inside their Engine as is something I would prefer a lot to Roblox.

^ Maybe they could add some sort of API to disable something like this in future phones or devices and could be very helpful!

Agree, it would make the whole screen on the iPhone X would be much beneficial for tons of games and the Engine itself, would be possible with some code as I mentioned above.

3 Likes

Android 10 has a feature that lets you disable the black bar on certain apps. I have it on for Roblox, and it makes Roblox look much better. I hope this becomes a built-in feature for Roblox, because iOS and Android 9 or less doesn’t have this, and probably not many people that do have Android 10 know about it.

1 Like