Option to play game without automatically joining friends

As a Roblox Player, it is currently impossible to join a game without joining the server your friend is playing.

This is very annoying when playing a game, it makes you join your friends server unintentionally. I believe there should be a option to either, join a friend or separate server.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to enjoy playing my game and I know many people who would like this change who have multiple times, joined a friend unintentionally just because they were playing that game.

It would be much more annoying to remove a friend just because you can’t join a game because you friend is playing. The best choice would to have a separate join button.

Most new people probably met a new friend on Roblox but, if they unfriended them just so they wouldn’t join them would be bad because, they are new and don’t have a idea how it worked before.

53 Likes

I’d say this is slight exaggeration. Just scroll down to the servers - the ones your friends are in are highlighted at the top, so just pick any other. It’s not as quick, but it’s hardly impossible.

The majority of Roblox players probably want to play with their friends - it seems strange to have a friend list full of people you want to actively avoid - so I think the usage of such button would be low enough that it’s not worth the extra confusion and the extra space needed.

For the edge cases where you don’t like you friends, just select a different server.

9 Likes

Adding on to BanTech

Do not start your topic for feature X with “As a developer, it is impossible to do X.”, as that is not the correct way to do it. This sentence should explain succinctly what your development issue is, not just that you don’t yet have the feature you are requesting, as the latter is obvious.

Also there’s a similar post to yours:

4 Likes

One thing worth mentioning tho is unless you have a 3rd party extension you’re taking a gamble at how good your connection will be in that server since you could be joining servers located countries away

2 Likes