Order System (for manufacturing simulator game)

Hey! I’ve recently created a game concept and an MVP (minimum viable product) is in progress. If you’d like context on the game concept to understand this further visit my post:

What am I trying to achieve?

For those who have not read my other post, the concept requires the player to take orders from a board to manufacture a guitar.

If you’ve ever played Restaurant Tycoon 2, you’d know what I’m referring to; you take a order from the station and cook the dish, and you take the dish to the assigned customer.

I need something like that. I need a order system where orders appear on a board, and you (and NPC employees) take the order and manufacture the guitar in a four step process.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Although I have plenty of scripting experience, I’ve never created anything like this and I am struggling to comprehend how it will work.

I have searched through DevForum, but no luck. And I haven’t tried anything since I don’t even know where to begin. (I’ve also just opened studio for the first time this year)

You could have a module script that has the methods of adding and taking away the list orders. The module script could have a table inside of it that has all the orders and inside each order you can have parameters like, in progress, done, or like special order. And based on that you can make GUI using this module script. Hope this help!

How would I generate these orders in the first place? I need them to appear randomly.

I mean like just use math.random right and using that based on what number it chooses you can pick a random order