Original handgun design - modelling feedback

recently finished UV mapping a handgun for a duo game project and I’m looking for feedback on its design before wrapping it up with a PBR texture. It’s a rigged, skinned meshpart, and everything that should articulate has a bone. I vertex painted it as a rough estimate of the colors I was going for but even that is up for comment, it may look good parkerized with wooden grip?

(I know watermarking is annoying but I’ve seen my screenshots claimed by others)

Biggest influences are the USP Match (beefy compensator), the deagle (chunky), beretta m9a3 (slide, slide lock, mag release btn), glock’s hammer plate and various vintage handgun’s vertical ejection port and “trough sight” that I can’t remember the real-life example of. It’s symmetrical on both sides, is hammerless and has a squeeze-safety grip. I wanted fewer protruding bits on the side as the game it’s going to will have visual customization and I didn’t want to clutter such a large canvas. More details like screws, bumpy grips and all that will be done in texture though since it’s already about 1500 tris and I don’t want to over-tesselate for things PBR will handle. Also, this is for a first-person viewmodel – a cheaper poly variant will be used in third-person.
Any comments are welcome, it’s not too late for major revisions.

15 Likes

I haven’t really tried modelling but it looks very hard. Great job though :+1:

1 Like

It looks like that it’s rigged and ready for animating, great job!
Wasn’t going to reply until saw that OG was MP3Face ;p

1 Like

What game would this be used in? it depends on the environment for looks if you’re using PBR, but overall, this is really good!

1 Like

It’s primarily for a game alike Zombie Master, the old source engine mod, but the co-developer and I have several game ideas that may incorporate the same weaponry. My primary group on my roblox profile Dakota99 & MP3Face will house the game when released. The games round-based on real varied map aesthetics so there’s no exact look to compare it to, I agree PBR handgun in a retro blocky game would clash but it will make sense when it’s playable

It’s actually easier once you understand how it works.

wow this is really good!!! you have a lot of talents

1 Like