[OS Game] Ruddev's Battle Royale Open Sourced

I’m making a zombie shooter, and it’s extremely helpful to see how you deal with a lot of shooter elements. I especially found your networking to be interesting and useful, since replicating everything seamlessly can be difficult.

Do you mind sharing how long the development time was for the game?

4 Likes

This game has been getting a lot of traction recently. Maybe you should consider re-uploading the sounds to the game & putting the open-sourced versions here on the devforum & just link them in the description of the game.

6 Likes

Hi, I looked at the barrier you guys had in the game. It looks really nice, but I can’t seem to find the barrier, or when I found it. It was just full of flames and what not. So I was just wondering how you guys made that effect?

Would really interest me, and by the way, thank you so much for open-sourcing the game. This will help aspiring developers like me to become better scripters.

@Rudimentality

1 Like

Our team worked on the game, on and off, for the better part of a year! Glad to hear you’ve found it useful :smiley:

3 Likes

We are not interested in continuing development for this game, and we believe it serves a better purpose now acting as a learning resource above all else.

4 Likes

Do you plan on perhaps creating a new copy of the game, copylocked, with sounds included, so that the game plays the way it used to?

5 Likes

This saved me once again! I was having trouble with my third person camera, because very low sensitivities were extremely choppy in rotating. After far too long trying to dig my way through the roblox camera scripts, I remembered this project and came to a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need to return to doing Roblox related things but I was an avid player that streamed this on the daily. Without a doubt I’m GLAD that you’ve made this game open source, perhaps I might take chance and actually mod it and do some stuff with it.

Perhaps one day you guys might end up going back to it but I really do hope the best for Bad Business, you guys are doing amazing with that game.

Nonetheless, thank you for making a battle royale regardless that I’ve enjoyed with the duration of it’s time being populated.

6 Likes

taking a look at the game, i was wondering how you guys managed to keep the render distance of the game fairly big, atleast, for the map… i’m having issues with a similar game i’m working on that the map is not shown on low graphics because of the distance the dropship is from the ground, even tho it’s not that much compared to your game, i tried playing it and on low settings i can still see a big chunk of the nearby map, how is this achievable?

1 Like

With this source code, we were able to make the guns in Zombie Strike feel super good to use, and it was a good jumping off point for the game!

10 Likes

Your game is really cool! Funnily enough, I’m also working on a zombie shooter, and now I’m scared its too derivative :rofl:

It’s awesome to see that this open source project has been helpful for a released game. I can definitely see the influence of Battle Royale in your project, but the game has a great and very personal stylized feel.

I personally get worried that my game is going to feel too similar to Rud’s, simply because the weapon engine has been a major influence (in terms of directional animations and recoil and aiming springs in particular) and it also has a similar third person camera system (more inspired by Warframe).

3 Likes

I know this is a bad question.
But for me as a beginner scripter, (at least Im trying), I’m confused on how do I use the guns. Please do a guide on how I can do the guns, get it to one game to another game…

3 Likes

How do I go about obtaining the animations in the open sourced Animation Zone file? I don’t quite understand what “xSIXx” is so if anyone has any knowledge on this that would be most appreciated.

1 Like

Nevermind, found my answer. Great resource!

Hey, @Rudimentality , I was wondering If this game includes the Combat System.

It does, it includes everything from the game.

I will try to mod this game then open source it like yours.

It wont work for me i tried with moon animation and the original animator and it still wont work.

3 Likes

This resource is amazing. It has enabled me to create a project I have been dreaming about for a while and it is turning out great! Thank you very much @Rudimentality, this is a great contribution to the community.

2 Likes

Using the resources provided I’m trying to create a different style game using the smooth framework, however the game’s nature does not allow for respawning, how can I avoid this, and let players respawn as they would in any other game?