Outage Update: Our Commitment to You

How is it determined what the earnings would have been during that timeframe?

Earnings in the weekend are most of the times 3x the amount or even more or less compared to school days.

4 Likes

Nobody asked for this but this is why I stick with Roblox as my main platform. Even though they have a many a flaws they do come through when you need it, thanks Roblox!

2 Likes

Will this just apply to group owners? Or will it apply to people who regularly dev-ex from group fund payouts as well?

2 Likes

You should make roblox studio offline like a new program it will not have access to any of api or images and all the other stuff that are from servers but you could still use the roblox lua

2 Likes

I don’t know if there was anything already about this, but what about people who payed for advertisements to run during the outage? Did they already or will get a refund?

4 Likes

Roblox did confirm in their previous post that people would be getting refunds.

4 Likes

Thank you for such a kind caring community. Roblox is the best when it comes to supporting developers :sparkling_heart: also thank you to the staff who worked hard to get roblox up and running again! We appreciate you!! :blush:

3 Likes

This is fantastic, It shows how much Roblox is committed towards stability for developers, Especially those who develop experiences as a full time job.

3 Likes

I would like to take a moment and thank the engineers who worked overtime, in after hours and during the weekend when most people usually take time off, to resolve the issue.

2 Likes

I do appreciate that Roblox has kept their promise of being more transparent, such as with this major outage. I hope closer developer relations such as this stay consistent for future problems.

Thanks a ton for making up the funds ^v^

1 Like

This is the kind of developer relations that I believe every developer dreams of. Please continue with this transparency, it really makes a big difference.

1 Like

I am a bit curious as to how this will work. Partly because, there are way too many variables to consider to make this remotely viable even if you estimated it. I don’t feel like averaging the amount of visits and revenue to come up with a very arbitrary number isn’t fair because, you could be getting way less or way more than you were going to get during the holidays. Also, you really do not know how much people are willing to spend (spending habits naturally fluctuate; again with its own set of dynamic varaibles) or rather, how many clicks an advertisement would’ve received (let alone how many users would have joined said game and spent money) and to essentially guess that and then, gift it out when the currency has no value until after you DevEx feels like a PR stunt imo.

I don’t really know if the replies above know this. Either way, glad everyone is using this as a learning opportunity in order to move forward. I’m sure the post-mortem will be an interesting report.

3 Likes

This post by Roblox really shows us the amazing support and care we get from the Roblox community :slight_smile: :hearts:

Roblox staff are simply the best, thank you for everything!

3 Likes

This was unexpected, thank you!

1 Like

They finally what happened to eligible or not they said can expected for before (outage since Oct 28) and finally recorvery on (november 1) and total 78 hours that causing many people for problems for standing loss what happened to roblox is back for these situations needs to updated for once fully recovery that’s happened issues and won’t be down again

Thank you for understading about since since 8 days ago and finally fully recorvery once again about updated expected for supported happy are need commitment have they are to get fix issue.

Thank you ROBLOX.

2 Likes

I just checked my inbox and got the message, Thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

I got the message, and it definitely was very generous. Thanks Roblox, this was amazing!!

2 Likes

I just want to thank YOU. As long as I’ve been on the internet, my solitude is your domain. That’s a big statement coming from me.

2 Likes

How does it work for people on a % automatic group payout?

1 Like

This is great and all, but it would be better if we had offline studio. Still great, though. Thank you!

OFFLINE STUDIO AAA

5 Likes