Outfit Loader Purchase and Wear Items

I’m currently trying to recreate a popular game called Outfit Loader. I ahve the base for it which loads the players outfits using Outfit Loader - How I learned HTTPService better, but I want it so people can buy the items that the outfit is wearing, instead of just putting the items on the players character.

Example of what I want

Example of my game

Any help is appreciated, I’m new to scripting and don’t understand heaps, so please bare with me and try explain to a point which I can understand.
Thanks.

3 Likes

This should help you out: https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/MarketplaceService

I am informed on the MarketPlaceService and Prompting Purchases, but what I’m wanting is to show the items from the outfit, then put it on a GUI in which I can click to purchase them.

I think Viewport Frame GUIs & InsertService would work for this.
InsertService: InsertService | Roblox Creator Documentation
Viewport Frame GUI: Frames | Roblox Creator Documentation

With InsertService, you can load a accessory from the catalog, then use Viewport Frame GUI to display the accessory.

Is there a way I get the accessories from the loaded outfit and put it in a Viewport frame? Here is an example of the part that puts on the accessories from the outfit:

script.Parent.MouseClick:Connect(function(plr)
	local s, x = pcall(function()
		local desc = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:GetAppliedDescription()
		local chr = plr.Character
		if desc and chr then
			chr:WaitForChild("Humanoid"):ApplyDescription(desc)
		end
	end)	
end)

Yes, you can get the accessory ids from the Humanoid Description: HumanoidDescription | Roblox Creator Documentation

Sorry but I’m going to go to sleep, goodnight. Good luck on doing that!

Alrighty, Thanks for all the help I’ll try and figure out how to make this work. Much appreciated.

1 Like