Output & Find All Windows seem to be 0 pixels tall

And I can’t resize it at all!?! This is devastating, I have to restart my studio to get my output back and even then its tiny (like 4-5 lines) and has a chance to go completely back to 1px after a test!

4 Likes

The window drops down 30px when you play (after a resize), when you disable and enable the output window (after a resize) and also when the studio starts up.
I can’t resize it. It seems to be an easy bug to fix, but very annoying.
I got 2 images, one before a play and one after, when I stopped and tried to resize it (in all directions). At this point we could not see the output messages.
The version is 0.575.0.5750424 (64bit). I hope someone will fix that bug fast! :wink:

Before:

After:

6 Likes

I think it’s fixed now. No errors after I came back to Studio.

1 Like

Edit: Seems like it’s all the windows that are stored in the bottom field! They seem to stack…

(In the image, 4 windows are stacked to the bottom part.)

1 Like

Seems like whenever I exit and go back to Studio, it starts to glitch and then I have to restart Studio again.

1 Like

I can confirm this just started happening to me, it is impeding me from working, at least comfortably. I don’t particularly appreciate needing to use the in-game developer console to debug.

This does not get fixed when using the “Fix” provided by a staff member either.

2 Likes

Yes I also have this issue sometimes, they are probably connected.

1 Like

You guys are not the only ones. My output window has basically disappeared. No title, nothing, and I can’t get it back. Even restarting Studio doesn’t fix the problem.

1 Like

Just started happening to me too, unsure of cause. Restarting does not seem to fix, only TEMP fix for me was a reinstall. Along with this, before it becomes 0px tall, the window becomes un-resizable, dragging on the top does nothing. I literally cannot debug anything because of this.

Here with the same problems, they seem to occur after starting a playtest or going into a script window, anything on the bottom resizes and seems to set a maximum height.

The only solution I’ve found so far was to re-open the place.

I was experiencing this issue too, but found that performing Reset View seems to have fixed the issue for me (Cmd + P, then type “> Reset View”)

The issue is still there for me after going into a script window.

Ah yep the same happens for me

Im experiencing this issue too but I figured out a workaround for it (other than doing Reset View)

This issue seems to happen to any widget that’s placed in the bottom (not only Find All & Output) when you have any script tab open.
When you open a script tab, it locks the maximum height for the bottom widgets so you cant resize it upwards but you can still shrink it

If you didn’t have a widget at the bottom open before opening a script, opening one will lock it to 0 pixels height till you close all script tabs

To prevent it from happening, you have to close all script tabs, open any widget at bottom and resize it to the height you want, then open the script tabs again.

Gif of it happening: https://i.gyazo.com/3a3e7bd950edb08772ec443c7881e88a.mp4

4 Likes

I am also experiencing this,
I also found out that by just closing and opening scripts output shrinks to the point of being 0 pixels tall (as someone said here),
Here is a video of it happening:

You are also unable to resize it

The only solution I found so far is just to close all the scripting tabs and reopen them or to detach them

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

A quick fix i have found.

1 Like

Same exact problem happening to me

ALSO, the bottom scrolling bar is removed, you cannot scroll left / right in scripts that got long lines

Noticed this just now. I entered play solo and my output window has become completely collapsed. Unfortunately this requires me to break my workflow and restart studio to get back to work. Can whatever was changed be reverted?

In this video you can see there is 3px of moveable frame when my output is enabled. I then re-enable the output and it still is happening.