(output) observableValue undefined?

You can get that exact output printed again if you go into freecam (Shift+P)

If it happens on humanoid values like i thought its probably characteradded or onchildadded for humanoid

Inserted freecam or the one roblox provides for developers?

so the local scripts are literally just gone?

it is the latter that causes that output

I think you can ignore this if it doesn’t affect your game. This is probably just a Roblox bug. It also happen to me too.

It happened to me too.

1 Like

I think it’s a roblox bug. We all came here for the same reason.

1 Like

this has also been happening to me

The only issue is that it’s spamming the console to the point where the game is unplayable

1 Like

I really want to understand why they’re not just putting in these features on a test version of Roblox Studio instead? Why deploy these things in production when they’re not ready? It’s one of my biggest aggravations with Roblox coding culture lol

3 Likes

That’s how it’s happening for me right now.

For a brief time last night ROBLOX fixed it, my game’s events related to CharacterAdded were working fine, testing today shows that they are busted again.

1 Like

This isn’t the first time ROBLOX has pushed an update out, without adequate testing, and then royally screwed over games and their developers.
Client Touched event replication broken - Bug Reports / Engine Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox

The above glitch happened last summer. I had a game get 3,000+ CCUs during the bug.

As you could imagine, for a tycoon that uses touch buttons, it was catastrophic. The CCU plummeted. This was also during Memorial Day Weekend - the first big summer weekend of the year, where lots of people are playing ROBLOX. Why their engineers thought it would be a good idea to push their untested update out that weekend, I’ll never understand. They eventually reverted the update (but not before the damage was done), and then they tried pushing it again, where it was only partially broken again, but they fixed it very quickly. Apparently it was making .Touched events more efficient.

But yeah, this is nothing new. What’s very frustrating is the fact that this bug is still occurring, as I cannot test any work I do to my game and its functions relating to CharacterAdded events - I am making a PvP game, so you can imagine Character events (like .Died) are very important…

1 Like

it happens when you click esc aswell

yep, good thing i didn’t lose too much :sob:

Guys, you’ll never guess what I’m about to say!

I have it too!

metoo

Anyways, when is this getting fixed? And what is even causing it?

2 Likes

Game breaking imo - 100% just a roblox end issue

damn, that sucks. def agreed, good thing you didn’t loose too much lol

as far as i know, there has been no official acknowledgement towards this issue. this could either last a few days or up to months. i don’t think that there’s a very definitive answer to what causes this output message, because as Smiling_Veil said, this message pops up whenever you click the esc key, and as John said, it totally screws up touched events, and as huyen said, freecam also triggers it. it has lots of causes, and none (as far as i can tell) lead to any common denominators (except for the fact that most of them include a player).

2 Likes

its happening to me too, same time as you I presume.

1 Like