Over-The-Shoulder Camera System

Having the same issue, hopefully it gets fixed.

Sorry I missed this its been a while since ive been on DevForum. The simple answer is to call the modulescript from a local script and use :Enable()

Like so:

OTS_CAMERA_MODULE:Enable()

Hey, thanks for releasing this system! I created my own fork and published it here: https://github.com/MonzterDev/OTS-Camera-Roblox

I was pretty sad when I saw no controller support. I spent quite a few hours furiously trying to get it to work without success. Luckily the stars aligned yesterday and I realized how I could implement this based on Ruddev’s Battle Royale Camera system.

Surprisingly, Ruddev’s Camera system doesn’t support mobile, but does support controller, which actually worked out well for this scenario.

So with my fork, I made a few changes:

• Added Controller support
  • Made slight optimizations
  • Restructured the codebase for an easier understanding

Usually, I like OOP and working directly with Objects, but I felt this Module was negatively impacted by this decision. The structuring made the codebase feel very confusing and harder to implement slight tweaks/modifications, such as modifying the Camera’s settings while the game is running.

My goal behind the restructure was to make it extremely simple to understand without adding in many unnecessary Remotes or requiring complex Object setups that are created through many Modules.

You should be able to easily understand and customize this Module to your own needs, without having to overhaul the entire codebase as I did.

11 Likes

hello, I tried using this but it breaks my recoil script that uses spring module, the OTS update priority is 190 and for recoil i tried both 181, 191, 250, none works

The priority is the same in both my version and the original.

I know but anything I do with any of the priorities doesn’t work, the camera doesn’t go up with my recoil script that does camcframe*=thingimchangingitby.

This version really works nice with mobile thumbstick , good job mate. But i noticed weird issue , in studio if you start game while mouse is not on game screen , this doesn’t run , the focus needs to be on playing area screen . focusing in the game screen later not work. why is that do you have any idea ?

I have been using this module and found 2 problems.

First is that it’s error instead of disabling the module when there is no player character. I see that you attempted to fix it with this

but because (character ~= nil) returns true or false, (humanoidRootPart ~= nil) return true regardless of it existing or not. It’s a simple fix.

Second is that you don’t use Camera.Focus. It’s bad for games with relatively large map and lots of lighting. It’s another simple fix however.

4 Likes

I keep getting errors when I wanna disable the OTS Camera by keybind