P6 Rig | A Minecraft-Like rig that works with 64x64 Textures and R6 Animations

I really liked this resouce! So much so I decided I would make a catalog for it! You don’t need to check this out I just thought it would be cool. To add more skins open the local script and add the id to the skins table, the index is the name and the value is the id.

Link: https://www.roblox.com/games/3521750078/MC-Skin-Tester

(If you would like you can ask me to take down the game or if somehow you like the catalog you can add it to your testing game and I can take down mine, basically if you want me to do anything just tell me.)

11 Likes

This is genius. Especially the custom UVs to ensure sharp, clean textures with none of that horrible Roblox filtering.

2 Likes

One small request for this:
A template would be nice, as people such as myself and other commenter have a difficult time making rigs and mismatching the arms and legs.
Would be nice to have, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would greatly be appreciated

What do you mean, what kindof template are you talking about?

Here is a gfx which I made using this rig.

Pls put it on your topic as another thumbnail.

2 Likes

Like one that lets us know where the left arm, right arm, outer layer is and etc. As I’ll usually mix up the arms and legs on skins.

just use a minecraft skin maker to make the skin and use the image from that, no confusion and its really easy

I have, I use the nova minecraft skin editor, and the arms and legs get mixed up. If you happen to know a minecraft skin editor that can match what I need, feel free to link it.

Well, there’s this one that seems good (i haven’t used it) but personally, I use the Skinseed app, also how is the editor mixing things up? Are you sure it’s the editor and not you messing with it somehow?

No, I’ve done only one, but it messes up the the limbs, everything else seems to be fine, it’s a little frustrating. but I can manage, I’ll see if the app works with the rig at a later time, thank you :slight_smile:

Edit: That site you gave me was the same site that I use lol

maybe its the resolution? whats the resolution for the decal supposed to be?

edit: i figured out the problem, this only works for images that are 64x64 but it doesnt work for the ones that are 64x32 (aka no second layer) could support be added for 64x32?

It is a very good ressource but there is a problems with textures.
I don’t know if this only hapen to me but it is very annoying.

When i’m importing a skin 64x64 into roblox, and put it to the character for the first time, it work perfectly fine !
The problem start when i’m restarting roblox studio, some parts of the textures are changing, like the colors are differents, it do some weird things.

Here is how it is supposed to look like

The skin is exactly like this when importing in roblox studio for the first time. Perfect !

Here is how it look like after restarting roblox studio

Okay, so when restarting roblox studio, it do this and it permanently stay like this, there is no way to fix this.
Capture

The right one is when i’m importing for the first time, the left one is after i restarded roblox studio.
Capture3

2 Likes

This is just PERFECT. I remember somebody making something like this in 2020, but it involved using sketchy javascript code and an html website and whatnot and it was just overall complicated lmao

can ya send the older version?

This is really cool, thank you for making it!!
im gonna make an fps mineblock game

ill make the gun look more minecraft-ish soon

3 Likes

Thanks this is amazing very good :slight_smile:

this looks a lot like Pixel Gun 3D. Vouch this works really good!

1 Like

Why does
IMG_2609
Not work?