Packages getting Web Copy Error: Http fails

The last few days, this has started happening:

While this happens, the game is not able to be saved or published, according to this error prompt:

I thought this was just a fluke, but it seems to be happening pretty frequently, at least 3-4 times per day. Sometimes it doesn’t fix itself until Studio is restarted, which is kind of scary given that the prompt is saying that the place cannot be saved. Although, I’m unsure if any work is getting lost or not, because after rejoining the place seems up to date.

7 Likes

Hi @filiptibell, thanks for reporting! The prompt message is not accurate. Your game will be saved. I’ll update it.

I’ll take a look into the red error message as well.

4 Likes

I’ve been having this same issue for the past two days. Is there a fix to this problem?

I’m having the same issue as well and has been happening to me ever since I started using packages.

It is very irritating when this happens multiple times per week and it requires me to save the place file to my computer then re-upload it to actually save it.

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. It seems to be happening more often lately.

** Not sure if this is related, but lately as I’ve been getting these errors my account has been getting signed out. The first time it happened my account pin was removed and my password was reset, the recent time just yesterday I was only signed out. I’m sure nobody is getting into my account because I don’t receive any unfamiliar 2 step emails. Both times happened within 5 minutes of the error appearing.

Here’s the errors I was getting when I got logged out the first time if needed:

Hopefully it gets fixed soon and I don’t have to get permanently logged out of my account.

1 Like

I’m getting more of this now as well. Our entire game relies on packages and I’m unable to fix bugs or do anything that has to do with publishing properly. Here’s the output:

3 Likes

Looks like a backend issue. cc @April_Sheep

I’ve also been receiving this error immediately after I started using packages for the first time in a new project. After this error occurs I’m unable to make any further changes and publish any subsequent changes to the package.

1 Like

Having this issue too, noticed it today, I am able to publish, but I need to do a workaround to do it, where I have to click publish package (this is where it fails), then exit studio and open studio at new and publish at new, mostly every update takes around 2-3 minutes just to do the workaround to save it.

1 Like

Just wanting to add on. For me it is now happening every single time I attempt to publish a package and it is really messing with my workflow. It does not seem to happen when updating a package, only publishing them makes the web copy error appear and leaves studio unsaveable.

1 Like

Bip-bump.

06:35:47.697 - Fifkee committed a new version of script ReplicatedStorage.ModuleScripts.BattleAPI.BattleAPI2
06:38:12.489 - Request Package 4741133618 V54 Web Copy Error: Http fails.
06:38:41.592 - Test Palace 1 auto-recovery file was created

Getting this one too. I have to restart my studio when this strikes, since I become unable to upload any packages. Man, I wish we still had LinkedSources.

Can you use the following template to report the issue?

Place Type: TeamCreate/Non-TeamCreate
PackageType: UserPackage/GroupPackage
PackagePermission: Own/Edit/UseView
Step to Reproduce: If the bug is 100% percent reproducible, please provide minimum steps to reproduce the bug.
Other Information: Things you would like to share.

Thank you!

Place Type: Non-TeamCreate
PackageType: UserPackage
PackagePermission: Owner
Steps to Reproduce: It isn’t entirely 100% reproducible but hopefully what is explained below can be a good enough summary.

History:
When I started using packages in my game possibly around December - January I very rarely had this issue and cannot bring up a time I had it. But ever since the last few weeks it started to happen quite often (maybe 1 in 5 times you published a package) but now it seems to occur about every single time I save a package. Maybe it is related to the increased traffic lately?

Package/Game information
A few of my packages are usually huge in instance count too and some of them have inbetween 50-150 versions but it still occurs on packages with very little versions or instances.
My game (game id: 621378811) has about 60 packages.

A few of my packages that errored: ‘4870356003’, ‘4324815481’, and ‘4325056394’.
One thing all of these 3 packages have related to each other is there’s at least 1 ModuleScript within them.

I have also noticed that this is not always right as soon as you publish a package and that it can occur a few minutes after updating them. Just today, one of my packages ‘https://www.roblox.com/library/4325056394/ServerModules’ errored within a few minutes of updating it a couple times with slight changes. Error: Request Package 4325056394 V137 Web Copy Error: Http fails.

After one package erroring it seems to continue the trend for any packages you update after that one.

TL:DR: This issue has been going on for as long as at least October of last year and has clearly been getting much worse within the past few weeks.

I posted a couple times before on this post so I hope the information from them can also be of help.
Let me know if you need any further information and I’d be happy to supply what I can. :slight_smile:

Place Type: TeamCreate
PackageType: UserPackage (I gave permissions to my friend too)
PackagePermission: Own
Step to Reproduce: Have a package in your place and try to save it.
15:10:49.838 - Connecting to server…

15:11:30.987 - Request Package 4902136687 V6 Web Copy Error: Http fails.

Didn’t do anything else.

Other Information: Package does include a module script, in case that info is pertinent.

Thanks for the feedback!
We’ve taken some actions to mitigate the issue. Please restart your studio to get the fix and let me know if it works.

1 Like

I get the following message with the latest studio which is the same as before:

I only have two packages which are both set to auto update:

One thing that is notable is that even though it is set to auto update, the guipackage does not turn link blue. I have been unable to make this work and am open to suggestions.

Although it is grey in the link color, it shows as being up to date as well:

Currently having the same issue. Packages are set to auto update, get greyed out, the auto update fails, web http fails error is printed to the output, and all the properties are shown as up to date with the link still greyed out.

2 Likes

We’ve been having this issue occasionally for the past month too.
It’s very frustrating because we cannot publish our game while its happening.

The only workaround that sometimes works is to:

• Open a separate place
  • Insert the package
  • Make any change to the package.
  • Publish that change and hope it goes through
  • Reopen the place with the package, which should now be marked as out of date
  • Try publishing again

cc @billlipeng

6 Likes

Thanks for the detail. And yes. A temperary workaround is to save the place, close the place and then reopen it. Everything should be back to normal. For teamcreate place, you’ll need ask everyone to quit the game and wait for a while before reopen it. Sorry for the inconvenience! We have identified the issue and are working on a fix for it.

5 Likes

Any ETA on when this fix will be released? I have been forced to remove all packages from my game and just replaced them with folders (forcing me to manually update across all places for the time being) which is a rather large inconvenience. Would like to go back to using packages but not until the issues concerning it are solved.

5 Likes