Packet Profiler - accurately measure remote packet bandwidth!

If I had to guess this would be due to the developer console-on idle, my game averages around 0.5 KB/s but with the developer console open (with server log access), it is at minimum 30 KB/s.

im sad because its a very good plugin but it doesn’t works for me…

What’s not working specifically? It’s hard to provide help without any information.

the packet chart doesn’t works but the things looks like micro profiler work well

I’ve confirmed that the plugin is working as expected - nothing has changed since the last update 4 months ago. Please verify that you’re using it correctly.

Small update: I’ve added additional images & updated the plugin’s destriction, as per Roblox’s new asset description features: Improved Asset Description Features [Creator Marketplace]

The chart also does not show anything for me. Tried everything but nothing seems to fix it :sad:

Have you selected a frame in the profiler?

Plugin stopped working for me too after the latest update

its working fine for me with the latest version. Are you sure there are remotes being sent from server → client? The packet profiler only logs incoming remotes, not the remotes being sent from the current run context.

The packet size counter used in this plugin has now been separated into a separate resource:

This plugin has additionally also been updated with more cleanup:

• Remove foreman, switch tools to aftman
  • Separate PacketSizeCounter into separate package, use it as Wally dependency instead
  • Update README.md with more descriptions of the plugin’s behavior
  • Add CONTRIBUTING.md
  • Describe the project’s contribution & development process
incorrect information, read below.

this is essentially conjecture, but ever since adding this to my game i have had a noticeable increase in reports of server crashes. not sure how this would be triggered, and its definitely possible it has nothing to do with this resource. but use with discretion.

yeah, this module is fine. I was getting ddosed.

The plugin does not activate, i.e. run, until you first open it for the first time - meaning it should have no impact on the game until it’s opened for the first time:

Do you use Stats Service? Or just fixed data and then calculate the data with the overhead data

you can see how I calculate the data in this thread: Remote Packet Size Counter - accurately measure the amount of bytes for remotes!

1 Like

aye, kept happening after. pretty sure i am getting ddosed. no idea though

• Update PacketSizeCounter dependency to 2.1.0 (support for nil datatype)
  • Update wally to 0.3.2
1 Like

v1.3.0

1 Like

v1.4.0