Pancake1824 - Translator Portfolio (Spanish, Portuguese)

About Me

Hey, I’m Pancake. An avid Roblox player since 2016, and have been lurking the Devforums since 2018. I’m also a native Spanish speaker, and I know (mostly) Portuguese!

Cambridge English Test:

Past Work

World Expedition Remastered: Portuguese (This game isn’t released yet)

Sprinting Heroes: Spanish/Portuguese

Ronopoly: Spanish/Portuguese

Seconds Till Death: Spanish/Portuguese

And other small projects

Availability

I am usually available, although it may take me a while to respond to your dm sometimes.

Payment

My payment is 50 robux per 100 words (negotiable for smaller projects) And, If I translate in both languages the payment will be double.

Contact

You can contact me through discord at
Pancake#2558

6 Likes

You can follow the guidelines to the Public Portfolio. The thread is really out of order and not more information.

2 Likes

Oh! I see now how its supposed to be…

Sorry, this IS my first post. I’ll edit it now.

1 Like

Um. Respectfully saying, I always appreciate new lines of work being introduced on ROBLOX. But I have to question the job of a translator? Can’t people just use Google Translate and then just post the translations on for example Devforum and see if anyone can conform its right meaning?

2 Likes

Well, the thing is, Google Translate isn’t always accurate, but honestly it’s mostly just because it’s a pain to translate like 5,000+ words. You wouldn’t want to do that would you?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t, and maybe a well established dev wouldn’t either. But a cheaper, start up dev will try as hard as they can not to cough up robux. It’s most likely you will be hired by more bigger developers. So you may benefit from upping the prices a bit.

As pancake said. Google translate is not 100 Percent accurate. I know a game called Reason 2 Die that was getting support for different languages. Though some people used translate and people had problems making out what some words said cause of this.

Its better to just hire a translator and get accurate translations then use google translate.

2 Likes

My only concern is that there are no examples of your work or word of mouth to back it up. Is it possible for you to include some previous translations or sample translations?

I suggest you to put a certificate in your thread if you have one! That would be nice.

A developer who cares about their playerbase will never use the google translator due to the distorted translation. Google translator is far from perfect.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Do I just show, let’s say, for example, me translating something to spanish?

“This game is cool!”
Spanish: “¡Este juego esta padre!”

I think @ebur1n means do you have any past employers that you have worked for/ games you have translated that you could put here? I think he also meant/said that do you have a text (longer than that sentence :grinning:) that you could put here, English and _____. Also, as @wastemanty23 said, I think you should add a pic of a certificate if you have one.

Two things:

I don’t have a certificate.

And I haven’t worked with anyone yet. I just decided that I could be a translator because I am fluent in 3 languages (that a lot of people speak.)

1 Like

Oh ok. You could still do the translating a body of text thing though, and it would improve your portflio. Anyways, good luck on future comissions and have a good day.

Well, no other translator has done the translating a body of text thing, and I don’t think its neccesary, but still, thanks for replying and taking your time out of your day.

1 Like

Update: If you want me to translate something please reply here (if you’re a member of the developer forum) saying that you sent me a friend request on Discord plus your Discord tag.

I am one of Pancake’s current customers and he is an awesome and trustable guy.

1 Like

Bumping this post back up, I am still looking for jobs!

Hello! We’re interested in hiring your services. Specifically Spanish translating. If you’re interested, please add me on discord @ Royal#5671 or contact CovenK on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/CovenRBX

Hey I’m looking to contact you, but your discord tag is invalid. Can you send your updated one?