Parachute attached via ropeconstraint doesn't slow down plane?

I have been trying to make a parachute as an ingame item but somehow it doesnt slow down the plane it just shakes the rope instead.

I tried adding the same bodyvelocity to one of the parts which is welded to the plane and that prevented the plane from moving completely.
But somehow if the same bodyvelocity is inside a part which is connected to the plane via a Ropeconstraint it wont slow down the plane.

With bodyvelocity in plane :

With bodyvelocity in parachute :

Is there a way to fix this?

1 Like

Are you trying to lower the velocity of the plane by adding a BodyVelocity to the plane/parachute to slow it down?

In order to ensure the parachute will have the desired effect, you might want to implement its functionality exclusively through code. The parachute model can function as a visual effect to communicate this to the player, but relying on two forces influencing each other while flying through the skies doesn’t seem to be the most fail-proof way of handling this in your game.

1 Like

Yes i am but do you have a possible solution for this?

I’d recommend applying a negative force to the parachute in the opposite directly of velocity, scaled to velocity. In this case, you’d use a BodyForce or better yet, a VectorForce.

For example, you can set

force = -plane.Velocity / 10;

You’ll need to play with the numbers.

You can decide whether or not to apply to the parachute or the plane itself.

1 Like

By adding it to the parachute it causes the ropes to shake even more while having no effect.

I will try adding it to the plane now.

If you use a VectorForce it should cut down on the amount of shaking.

Make sure the plane isn’t using any Body* type objects.

3 Likes

Are the old bodymovers not supported by the PGS solver? And how do i get the VectorForce to allow a certain amount of force?

They update at a slower tick, causing shaking.

VectorForce has a Force property. Just set it. You can do it relative to the plane so it’s smooth.

1 Like

Is there a Constraint just like BodyVelocity which prevents a part from moving faster than the MaxForce?

Its still shaking after changing everything to constraints.

Do motor6D’s also cause this issue? I am using Motor6D’s for the engine blades.

I’m not sure what framerate those update at, but I’m guessing that’s the case.

The plane which was shown in the video did not have the Motor6D’s and it still caused issues.
The only thing which has Motor6D’s is the player its character.