Parallel Lua Max Core Use Question

I’ve been multithreading a custom culling module of mine.

And I started by adding four actors with one script each culling a different type of Instance, one for Lights, one for Models etc.

And it worked good.

I saw on Roblox’s Documentation that generally more actors are better. So I went and bumped it up to 12 Actors per Culling Type.

So a total of 48 Actors.

But now some of the code just doesn’t run at all. And I believe it’s because of not having the hardware to run them all.

But this was not how I thought that Actors worked? I thought that if you didn’t have enough cores or whatever it would just distribute it accordingly, but for me its just some code is not running all together now.

Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Adding:
I did do tests and lowering the number of actors to like 8 total allowed all the code to run.

• I think this is a bug?

It does distribute evenly. It’s likely that how the code was structured and placed was incorrect.

I wouldn’t really suggest making 12 actors per culling object. Although more is “better”, 12 per culling object is quite excessive. You should only really have one actor per action you’re trying to do.

That’s what I thought, but the only variable changing that affects it, is the number of actors with scripts running on the same event.