Part Creator [Plugin]

The fact is, we are providing constructive criticism. I do understand that we should explain why your plugin needs improving, but if you look through there is constructive criticism.

100% agree, you have to stand out from the crowd.

3 Likes

The fact itā€™s your first plugin is a good point right there. Meaning youā€™ve a good start, and if youā€™ll continue working on it, you might end up releasing a really great plugin that would be popular.

You just need to get some critiques and move forwards, donā€™t let critiques take you down. But take them as advices.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting a constructive comment not a hateful comment like all other comments.

2 Likes

Not all the other comments are hateful. Even though it make seem like we are hating on you, none of us is trying to hate on you, we just want to help you improve your plugin.

4 Likes

We should all be critical. but not rude.

1 Like

For your first plugin itā€™s actually not that bad. I recommend adding a few more features and different building meshes or parts into it so that people can find it more useful because judging by these comments, people are definitely not happy with just ā€œpartsā€

3 Likes

Youā€™re confusing me? Scale works just fine in plugins, and AbsoluteSize does as well

I actually have an idea, you could quickly apply a texture to a part (although 2 other plugins, one of which being created by myself already do that). For example, you could have a drop-down on a part on what texture you want

3 Likes

Huh, it must be a feature not a lot of people use, since a lot of plugins I use donā€™t scale correctly.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only learnt on using AbsoluteSize recently, way too many scripts if I wanted to integrate it into a plugin.

For anyone who doesnā€™t know, AbsoluteSize is just the size of a players window/or a frame. Itā€™s really helpful in trying to position stuff

1 Like

Unnecessary comments.

Iā€™m sorry.

1 Like

Its not really worth getting then?

Why not just make mesh parts in blender? Im still very confused why you canā€™t clearly explain why you canā€™t just

The second one isnā€™t really unnecessary, it would make more sense if you didnā€™t say you should get the plunging only because of dark and light or because different modes, the people want to know what your pluging actually does, and if itā€™s helpful at all..

The plunging isnā€™t border-line useless but, you should consider comparing other plugins similar to this one, and also explain why this is better than litterly searching up mesh parts in the toolbox.

1 Like

Holy hell the replies below this post are cancer.

While I do get that this could be useful, itā€™s still quite barebone, Iā€™d say. If you gave easy customization for each part, letā€™s say, for example:

1. How rounded you want the corners to be.

2. How many vertices do you want to add.

3. Adding very sought after parts that Roblox doesnā€™t have by default, like capsules, cones, trapeziums, trusses, etc.

Wish you all the best on your progress towards this plugin mate. Donā€™t give up due to the mean comments given in the replies, just take critique and improve your project. Cheers.

8 Likes

Replies like this indicates that you still have no knowledge of what the Resources category actually is. This is a category made to distribute YOUR code and resources to the world. Just because a resource may not be as purposeful as a professional developer plugin does not mean they canā€™t distribute it.

Think about that this is his first plugin and instead of having him feel bad about it you should tell him on how he can improve and one day you might see him making a professional and high-selling plugin.

Just something to think about before you start calling free code and resources given to you useless.

8 Likes

So youā€™re saying if I created a ā€œprint hello worldā€ plugin you would still blindly support me?

1 Like

No, what Iā€™m saying is instead of just leaving a ā€œThis is useless and stupid do betterā€ tell him why it is and how and what he can do to improve on it.

6 Likes

did I forget to add something? you can shorten the size of the UI so people wonā€™t have to scroll constantly to find the desired parts they want, like adding selection boxes, for example (not sure if this is even a good idea to add)

Parts > Part
Sphere
Wedge
Meshes > add whatever meshes to be a option to select

plus, im sorry for my aggressiveness, but you can still keep on improving, keep it up

addon to someone

@Orbular3 you literally said something like ā€œOmG YoU SuCk DO BeTTER nEXt TImEā€ without even giving feedback to help the man improve his damn plugin

2 Likes

I like your idea.

Donā€™t worry.
Thank you.

1 Like

I am disgusted by the amount of people giving more hateful comments than constructive criticism. It takes less than a minute to find out that this plugin also inserts meshes rather than being a ā€œuselessā€ plugin that many rudely suggest.

I made a plugin JUST like this one that didnā€™t get any rude comments. The only difference between my plugin and this one is the UI and therefore rude comments are unwarranted and should be ignored by @OP.

At a glance, the only thing I think can be improved is the UI. It feels clunky and unnecessarily large.

If you want it to look nice on small screens, the first step would be to decrease the vertical space each object takes up. Arguably you can get rid of the create button and add the ability to click on the image to insert instead. You can also remove the title block on the side and display the title right on top of the icon. Compactness can also be increased by decreasing the size of the icon, too.

One other thing - Make it more vibrant! Add colors to make it less bland.

6 Likes