Part Creator [Plugin]

A lot of comments are hateful, I do agree but then again you even said you made a plunging just like this.

I think that people are just trying to say regardless of the hate that this can be easily nullified, because of the many other ways that you can use like the toolbox for an example to get shapes or mesh parts just like this, you can also just use F3X for anchoring parts automatically when you place them down.

Their probably just giving this harsh response because they think the plugging because they feel like its lazy, compared to a lot of other plugging’s that have things fresher and newer. Not at all would this excuse the fact of people being harsh though.

2 Likes

My god. We need more people like you on here.

Also, yours’s has a wider variety of objects, which will make it easier to get some funky or complex objects. Different types of people with different types of opinions came to check the community recourse’s tab at different times.

His version (Which is hard to tell if it’s clearly inspired by yours considering the days between both of the plugging post and the logo designs ( the main part of them with the objects )) has lack of originality, and doesn’t have many objects to go with. You can’t say that a coil can only be made with blender, it can be made in studio itself.

The plugging itself isn’t even near functional, I tried it myself just now and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything at all.

1 Like

Are you trying to say that I copied the CriticalDucky’s plugin?
I had no idea of the existence of that plugin. I had an idea in my head and I made it.

No, you’re just flaming fuel at this point.

Im saying you could of had inspiration from the plugging he made, not because of the success and feedback.

Your just putting more fuel in the fire at this point. If you read you would understand that im not bluntly saying you copied it.

I said lack of originality for yours, only because yours was made the plugging coincidentally from what you’re saying after 10 days when the other person made theirs’s.

3 Likes

I don’t think this plugin has a lack of originality. @OP likely started working on this plugin before my post was made and this plugin boasts a slightly larger set of features than my plugin has/will ever have, such as settings and an info card.

and doesn’t have many objects to go with

I installed the plugin and it actually has around 30 objects which is a decent amount and not far from my release of 35 objects. Almost all of the special objects/meshes that this plugin has my plugin does not have.

There’s a nasty bug (There’s nothing @OP can do without removing script injections) where after accepting script injection permissions Studio doesn’t register it. When this happened to me, the plugin errored. I fixed this by disabling and reenabling the plugin via the plugin manager.

@OP

I’ve installed the plugin so now I’ll be able to give more in-depth feedback.

The main frame is a unique attempt to brighten up the plugin and add color, however It seems pointless. It takes a big chunk of vertical space for just one line of text. If you want to keep this, and I understand if you do, try making it just large enough for one line of text.

The background of the widget seems to be a specific number of pixels in size which causes the underlying white to be visible when stretched out enough.

To fix this, make the size of the background {1, 0, 1, 0} (Scale: 1 for X and Y).

Because the UI is made solely with offset, it clips out the settings bar at small widget sizes. This is not good for UX. A solution would be to anchor the settings bar on the bottom side of the widget so no matter how small the widget is it will always be visible.

(an image of the problem)

Let’s move on to the settings. One issue I found right off the bat is that the settings menu does not stop the insert buttons behind it from firing. In random places, if I click in that spot it would insert something. This is where I pressed:

For some reason, the Default and Compact buttons do not work for me. When I press the Compact button, it just hides the settings bar on the bottom (before and after):

One last note about the settings page: Make sure to use Plugin:SetSetting() to save the settings the user sets. (This is the plugin equivalent of Datastores)

And of course, look at my comments on my other reply.

I hope my feedback helps you and I can’t wait to see where this plugin goes in the future. Please ignore demotivating comments.

4 Likes

Thank you for your feedback!
Your feedback will be taken into consideration.

Compact mode is for small tabs like this.

This is literally so stupid, it’s trying to solve a problem we never even had, and even that if you forget to anchor stuff you aren’t a decent builder, since that should be muscle memory at some point

Please do make some update to actually include something that isn’t just
local Part = Instance.new(“Part”).

2 Likes

Please read the entire post.
The plugin is not stupid.

1 Like

Can’t believe this argue has still been going on,

@Tinfloco_Sushi Don’t let people demotivate you.

2 Likes

just treat this plugin like a test
STOP BULLYING THIS POOR MAN

1 Like

Take your rudeness away from here.
I don’t care if this plugin is a problem solver, the guy spent time on this, for other people. That’s the important to take into consideration.

Even if it was simplier, and only a Part installer plugin, that wouldn’t matter. [Maybe wouldn’t be useful much, but still.]

Calling this plugin ‘stupid’ is either from envy, or boredom.

Bullying others won’t help you. And obviously won’t lead you anywhere in life.
I guess it’s too hard to compliment?

4 Likes

I don’t care about rude comments.
Only constructive criticism.

It doesn’t matter if it’s useless or not. [Maybe it is for some people].

The guy literally spent time on this, not for himself - but for the community, why is it so hard to compliment?

I bet ya’ll wouldn’t like to get such comments on your creations, would you?

3 Likes

Thank you @Valkyrop for your comments, you are very kind.

2 Likes

why won’t you even give suggestions for @Tinfloco_Sushi on how to improve it then? what if i just went to your first creation and post disgraceful comments on your post with no suggestion? he also mentioned that it’s his first plugin he ever made, so you should have thought twice before posting something that dumps a can of oil on his head

(i was like this once, then apologized to the creator because it was not an ok move)

1 Like

That’s quite a good idea which I do think will make OPs plugin much more unique.

First of all, who is ‘we’? This can help a bunch of builders that are just starting out. If this plugin was created earlier, I definitely would’ve used it during the time I was a builder.

Secondly, could you tell OP on why his plugin is ‘stupid’ and what he could do to improve it instead of blindly saying things like this. Trust me, it’ll save you from embarrassing yourself in front of other people like how you just did.

1 Like

Why should we get it? Why is it useful? You completely missed both of these questions, and, why not use F3X? It works on smaller screens, its one plugin, and it has a variety of tools studio does not. Lastly, why not use a mesh pack?