Participate in our first Builder Challenge!

Meshes would require the usage of an external application or/and of the toolbox which according to this post:

1 Like

What if i get the id and paste it

This falls under the “No assets from the toolbox” section sadly. This event focuses around what players can create within Roblox Studio so all you can do is be creative and use fresh material made by you.

3 Likes

I forgot I dont need a mesh to make a sphere.

1 Like

This is a super exciting opportunity for not only those of use who don’t script as much, but those part builders out there making super high fidelity showcases. I’m definitely gonna throw my hat in the ring. One thing that I’m confused about is the fact that the challenge suggests that you utilize things like the terrain system, which kind of clashes with the low poly building style of parts. I wonder if using parts/CSG as terrain would affect your judging? Either way, i can’t wait to see all of the cool builds everyone makes!

Theres a link to submit your creation in this topic. Just follow the steps and submit the form.

1 Like

Wait, is WoodReviewer actually going to be a judge?

No, it’s just a joke people are making.

2 Likes

@chewbeccca when are our builds due?

Will the game have to be in first-person view if it wants to have a chance at winning? Or is it that if one was to play in first-person, it would have the same effect as playing in third person?

Y’all be talkin’ 'bout UI and building but you forget about the aspect that gives life to both of those;

Scripting.

With that being said, I hope we’ll get an actual and official gamejam like we used to in the past with prizes and stuff.

It means to design your work for a first person view

1 Like

The roblox engine itself sucks without any external software.
In order to make it more mordernised, you must add cloths and fix lighting glitches in it.

1 Like

Submissions are due by the 7th of September.

1 Like

Can we use meshes in this I am asking because on the submission it says meshes in it.

@chewbeccca the submission form says the map size needs to be 1000 x 1000 studs, I didn’t measure my map, and the original builder challenge announcement never specified a size (from what I read). Will I be disqualified if I don’t have the correct map size?

I think that is the maximum size

hard to tell, the submission page also says no external software… I’d go with no meshes

It also says meshes in part of it

Ignore that part, the original message says no meshes and external software, and it’s impossible to make a mesh without external software