Particle Emitters Within User Interface (ScreenGui)

Particle Emitters Within User Interface

This is a feature request to enable Particle Emitters to be used within ScreenGUIs so that particle animations can be displayed directly within the user interface (UI). Currently, Particle Emitters are only able to be displayed in world space within the game.

Industry Standard Use Cases

Every major game engine supports some sort of UI particle system. Just pick up any popular mobile or PC game, and look at the animation effects within the user interface. Pretty much anything that moves is part of a UI animation system.

Why Roblox Needs This

• Developers should be able to easily create animated user interfaces just like in other game engines.

• This would bring the Roblox user interface capabilities on par with other popular game engines.

• Extending the existing Particle Emitter system to work with ScreenGUIs would add so much value to user interface design. The possibilities are endless by enabling particle animations within the UI.

9 Likes

I completely agree with you! I have found a great module that does this (link to model; link to video). It would be great to have this as a built in feature though.

3 Likes

I’m too think it’s very good idea!