Particles, beams, and trails all disappearing, not disappearing when supposed to, and causing performance issues

I actually think they responded in a reasonable amount of time to this. This is coming from someone who is frequently upset with the smallest studio issues/changes that might hinder my workflow.

I agree this is super annoying and needs to be fixed ASAP. Not only is it causing obvious annoying visual glitches (weapon muzzle flash and shell ejection are delayed to 1-2 seconds after you fire, bullet tracers don’t always appear, etc.) but it also causes severe gameplay issues in my game; for example there’s an item that lets you call in a plane to drop lingering flames over an area, but due to this particle bug sometimes the flames are invisible which leads to unfair deaths. There’s also a zombie type that can ensnare a survivor with it’s tongue, and since you’re meant to be able to see the tongue to find out where the zombie is hiding, it can lead to a seriously unfair situation where you get grabbed by seemingly nothing and can’t find the zombie to shoot it before you get knocked down.

I’ve noticed a severe dip in player numbers that eerily lines up with the appearance of this particle/beam/trail rendering bug. Please address this Roblox!

1 Like

Its the fact they are not addressing the issue. Its poorly affecting thousands of experiences.

They are addressing the issue:

If anybody has any .rblx files that repro this problem, please send them my way.

1 Like

I took a free model gun and added particle effects to the bulletholes.
when you spray the wall, you can see the particles render properly, but after spamming it for a while, it seems they go into a buffer, and some show up a few seconds after shooting.

In the later half of the video, my mouse is up.

particle_repro.rbxl (75.5 KB)

5 Likes

Thank you so much, super helpful!

6 Likes

Yeah, this is fantastic. Reproduces instantly every time – this’ll help me debug this a lot quicker. Thank you POOPENGUIN.

12 Likes

I have a fix for this. I’m working with others within Roblox to get this out as promptly as I can. My apologies everybody!

33 Likes

I’ve also noticed that lights such as surface lights are delayed too. Some will turn on on prompt and some will take a few seconds to turn on even though they all turn on at the same time.

I’m having the same problem, in the first few seconds of video the effect is reproduced correctly, but after a while I use the attack again, and the effect comes out with a delay, and it only happens with particles

Hoping this can be fixed today

I’m having quite a similar problem and it’s with Emit()

This bug seems to be related to the Particles not being in the viewport somehow, or they at least act as if they’re not in the player’s view.

The issue of the particles randomly deciding to not show up and then reappear, i.e. rapidly firing a gun into a wall with sparks, and then appear shortly after not firing anymore, seems to be a related issue.

As demonstrated in this video:

I hope this gets fixed soon, i got an update ready for my game but cant publish it because all the effects are glitched.

same, I should have updated my game 10 days ago. everyone keep asking why I didn’t update it and when will I update my game

I never really thought of checking the engine bugs category until now. I kept thinking I messed up something for over a week and couldn’t fix it. Thank you for your post!

1 Like

It’s been 2 weeks now since the problem first appeared. it really affect my game. Particle, Beam, Lighting, and performance are all got affected. hopefully this will be fixed ASAP :slight_smile:

This issue is affecting games that use particles heavily in such a negative way that it hurts the players and the developers greatly. “The Zombie’s Onslaught” uses particles, beams, and trails alike, and they’re all delayed heavily the moment that they start getting heavily used. In turn, this affects the performance of everybody inside the game and it makes visual cues using such assets unreliable.

A fix needs to happen soon. It’s quite obnoxious that it hasn’t been fixed yet.

4 Likes

It’s a shame. Staff claimed that they had a fix for it… Nine days ago. Some experiences are beginning to be unplayable for some users.

2 Likes