Particles in light making things visible?

Is there any way to avoid this weird quirk?
When a semi-transparent particle is in a light source, it seems to grant night vision to anyone that looks through them… this is extremely bad for gunshot effects, and I REALLY dislike it.

2 Likes

Have you tried making the particles more transparent?

3 Likes

Are you on the new Voxel lighting engine? Since Voxel supports HDR, the particles may be boosting the brightness of otherwise pitch black areas. You could try tweaking ExposureCompensation to combat this.

3 Likes

I’ve tried that, the only way to get rid of it is by making the screen completely black lol
also, increased transparency does work, but it also makes the particles just as transparent, which isn’t desirable.

1 Like

You could use a screen gui as an overlay, like a black frame that covers the screen and is semi transparent?

3 Likes

Same thing as the ExposureCompensation, it only darkens the screen until the entire thing is black, the image is only dimmed, not overlaid :^(

3 Likes

Possible Solution

LightInfluence + large particles are impacted; the larger it is, the easier to influence it with lighting on the very edge, creating undesirable effects.

There is no other way than reducing brightness of the light or working on alternative solutions that can produce about the same results.

5 Likes

Aight, I’ll try to find my own ways around it, probably just gonna reduce the overall amount of smoke, thank you for helping out. :heart:

3 Likes