Particles spinning around when the player moves

I am creating a game that involves auras on the players, and for some reason particle emitters that have their Orientation property set to VelocityPerpendicular will spin around when the player moves.

Example:

However, I have found a fix to this. Setting the SpreadAngle property to 0.01, 0.01 will stop the particles from spinning around when the player moves. However, this fix has a major drawback; the particle will randomly flip and be oriented the opposite way.

Example:

Does anyone know a better method that solves both of these problems?

Ancestry of the ParticleEmitter:

#help-and-feedback:art-design-support

Thank you, I have updated the category

1 Like

Is the Particle in the humanoidrootpart?
I wonder if it’s due to the Animation rocking back and forth making perpendicular flip 180 degrees?

Ah, I forgot to mention that it was parented into the RootPart. This is a good proposition, but the RootPart doesn’t actually have animation. That is the reason why the attachment is in the RootPart, not the Torso.

I’m thinking of the actual movement of the HumanoidRootPart.
The way things work in Roblox I’m guessing that maybe a particle that’s supposed to be the way you want might face “forward” depending on the angle the vertical is. If the vertical rocks between even +.01 and -.01 degrees from vertical it might change the forward facing reference by 180 degrees.

The thing is, I checked for movement of the root but couldn’t find any. It could only show up on the server side so I’m not sure, I’ll have to test it later.

After some testing, I found that the root does not rotate while the player moves. It does have some movement on the server side due to the delay between it and the client, but after that it stops rotating. It doesn’t rotate when the player jumps either, which also makes the particles spin.

wacky. Do you think it could have something to do with the velocity of the particle? Since the problem doesn’t occur until it starts to be moved about.

It would probably be easier at this point to just weld an invisible non-collideable part with a decal of the particle on it to the HumanoidRootPart that spins with an AngularVelocity. There is only one particle anyway so it wouldn’t be much of a sacrifice.

1 Like

I did think of that, but the problem is decals can’t have the visual properties of particles.

I think that the velocity might be the case, but I can’t figure out how to counteract it.

Do you mean brightness and changing color over time? Those are the only things I can think of.

Yeah, things like that and light emission.