Parts get welded, tweened down, then are anchored and have welds removed but still have velocity

So I’m making a placement system. A model gets welded together and unanchored, and then I tween its PrimaryPart down. Once it’s reached the target position, I anchor it again and remove the welds.

However, for some reason, the individual parts in the model all have what appears to be a random velocity after the model has been placed down (each part in the model has the same velocity, too).

For example: Screenshot_592
Depending on the order of which I do somethings, the velocity will be on other axis.

What’s causing this? Is this some weird after-effect of tweening an unanchored model?

Relevant bits of welding code
local function MakeWeld(Part0, Part1)
	local New = Instance.new("WeldConstraint")
	New.Part0 = Part0
	New.Part1 = Part1
	New.Parent = Part0
	return New
end	

function SetWeld(Item, Welded)
	local Primary = Item.PrimaryPart
	Primary.Anchored = not Welded

for _, Descendant in next, Item:GetDescendants() do
		if Descendant:IsA("BasePart") and Descendant ~= Primary then
			Descendant.Anchored = not Welded
			if Welded then
				MakeWeld(Primary, Descendant)
			end
		elseif not Welded and Descendant:IsA("WeldConstraint") and Descendant.Parent == Primary then
			Descendant:Destroy()
		end
	end
end

function Module:Enable(Item)
	if not Item then return end
	SetEnabled(Item, true)
	return Item
end

function Module:Weld(Item)
	SetWeld(Item, true)
	return Item
end

function Module:Unweld(Item)
	SetWeld(Item, false)
	return Item
end
Relevant bits of placement code
local StartLocation = Location + Vector3.new(0, 10, 0)
TweenDescendantsBack(ItemObject, "BasePart", Config.Placement.TweenInfo, {Transparency = 1})

ItemObject.Parent = Items
ItemsModule:Weld(ItemObject)
ItemObject.PrimaryPart.CFrame = StartLocation

Tween(ItemObject.PrimaryPart, "CFrame", Location, Config.Placement.TweenInfo.EasingDirection, Config.Placement.TweenInfo.EasingStyle, Config.Placement.TweenTime, true, function()	
	ItemsModule:Unweld(ItemObject)
	ItemsModule:Enable(ItemObject)
end)

Thanks

The downwards velocity is due to the acceleration of gravity, even it has no effect on the part’s position since that’s under the control of TweenService. When a part gets anchored, it doesn’t lose the velocity that it had when it was unanchored.

1 Like

Ah, alright thanks.

Guess I’ll have to just set the velocity afterwards until I implement a better placement system.