Pausing Physics in Studio [Beta]

now let us pause time in real life :fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

For the record, physics doesn’t simulate on anchored parts, but they do keep their velocity and angular velocity. These are stored in AssemblyLinearVelocity and AssemblyAngularVelocity. Anchoring a part affected by physics, and then un-anchoring it later will cause it to continue moving as it had been before it was anchored.

I definitely agree. Having complete control over the way instances are simulated would allow for huge optimizations!

4 Likes

No, deltaTime is a read only parameter, if I’m correct. It only shows you how long ago the previous frame was, it isn’t able to manipulate anything.

1 Like

I meant the internal delta time the physics engine uses, of course not the one you can read through run service silly!

Ohh, my bad

Character limit sucks.

2 Likes

Hello,

Curious if anything was pushed to live servers? As of very recently, our popular game Super League Soccer with over 10K CCU has been experiencing issues regarding ball physics. More specifically balls losing, gaining, or maintaining velocity when they shouldn’t. No new versions of the game have been published since the 18th of March. This means nothing on our end has changed. This is a very new occurrence- within the past day or so.

Please feel free shoot me a DM or reply and I can provide more details if needed.

1 Like

Incredible work! This was a much-needed update!

Wondering when we’re gonna get something like timescale in Unity

i cant wait to see paused planes

1 Like

This reminds me of Create and Valkryien Skies Clockwork with the ability to infuse physics… by the way… how did Roblox make those two fans one on the client and one on the server?

yay im so glad to see this happen, this helps alott :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of them is network ownership on the client, the second one is network ownership on the server

3 Likes

I think it’s great that they are giving extra work to Roblox physics, it would be great if there were other objects or ways to modify Roblox physics. For example other types of Move Constraints or other type of object. Thanks for this!

1 Like

Hey! There has been some strange behaviour with character physics lately (flinging randomly), did you guys change something with this update that could have caused this? (This happens in live games, studio unknown)

10 Likes

do you know a temporarily solution?

1 Like

There is no temporary solution, not that I know of. You will have to wait until it is fixed.

1 Like

FINALLY! this feature was missing for YEARS!! that stupid rendering is paused for debugging always annoyed me,especially because before that it could be paused and you had this exact feature already.

does this have relation with the flinging players glitch? theres a glitch making the players flinging randomly without reason anytime (it happens on R6, i dont know if happens in R15

3 Likes

Can vouch it happens in R15, experienced it in some games

1 Like

Can we expect to have this control in-game as well in the future? Suspending physics on the server would be super useful for certain instances.