PC players teleporting making game unplayable

Within the past few hours we have received dozens reports of PC players specifically being spawned in the void. We have found a post on the devforum which seems related (Limb on a rig is constantly teleporting back and forth to a position depending on its Motor6d offset)
This is causing all PC players on Maple Hospital and other games the inability to play the game at all
Examples
[🎁 GIFT] Elemental Dungeons - Roblox
[NEW] Mowing Simulator - Roblox
[📱 PHONE!] Maple Hospital - Roblox

Expected behavior

Players aren’t supposed to randomly teleport to their death.

17 Likes

Happening in Specter 2, also unplayable. Video attached of what it looks like for a player after spawning in.

11 Likes

I can confirm that I am experiencing this issue as well.

9 Likes

Hearing from others in affected games that this may be due to the recent changes/optimizations related to mesh resizing. Not sure if this is 100% true but this seems to be consistent with recent changes

6 Likes

Yes the timing was extremely close I was wondering that too.

6 Likes

Since I’m not blessed enough to have the privilege of creating bug reports, I posted about this in scripting help a bit before this topic was made. The issue is something related to mass calculating with meshes, specifically zero-volume or flat meshes. They are getting assigned an absurdly high mass value causing flinging, despawning, etc.
You can try something like this to find out which mesh is causing it. It’s not limited to Characters either, cars boats and any physics contraption could be glitching out due to this change

for _,Part in pairs(game.Workspace.GLITCHEDMODELNAME:GetDescendants()) do if Part:IsA("BasePart") and Part.Mass > 50000 then print(Part.Name,Part.Mass) end end
5 Likes

If the [ROBLOXCRITICAL] tag still existed, this post certainly qualifies

This is fully breaking a live game at the studio I work at

7 Likes

The team has applied a change that should resolve the issue. Could we get confirmation that the issue is now resolved?

8 Likes

Yes its resolved for my games.

2 Likes

Yes, it has been resolved for my game.

1 Like

These silent backend flag changes have caused many issues before, such as when all characters suddenly fell onto the floor across all games on the platform or when chat completely broke. This is incredibly annoying as it causes developers to scramble and panic to see if their code broke or if Roblox made yet another unannounced change that broke everything.

We’re tired of this occurring again and again. Make an official resource developers can use to track these changes so that we can actually pinpoint what you broke that caused our games to break. This has been an ongoing occurance which I have already brought up. Our live servers are being treated as test benches for Roblox engineers to mess around with random experimental features while we have to mop it up and deal with the dislikes, lost data, and troubleshooting.

Industry respected engines like Unreal Engine 5 NEVER have things like this happen. Everything that is changed regarding the engine is published in their changelog. You won’t be developing on Unreal and suddenly have your game just break one day because an update was beamed to your computer without you being informed. It’s just incredibly unprofessional when this happens time and time again and we’re stuck playing a guessing game as to what went wrong. Though I doubt anything will improve and we’ll all be back dealing with something like this again in the next month or two

5 Likes